• Voodoo Blue

Votes: 28 7.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some FJ Cruiser owners, they may already own their dream FJ painted in their favorite color scheme offered from the factory.

Though for others, our FJ color may only be something we enjoy or at least tolerate. Yet just because we own it doesn't mean it's our favorite color option. Some people simply buy certain FJs in certain colors because of color availability, model year options, price limitations, and a multitude of other reasons.

So if you could have an FJ in your favorite factory offered paint color, what would it be?? I made sure not only to list standard FJ color options but also the Special Edition options since those are in monochromatic paint schemes.

Vote away!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
It's funny. I had two vehicles, one for a long time, and one for just a few years and both of them were the same year and basic body style with one being a pickup and one being a 4Runner and they were both red. I was tired of red and I wanted something that would blend in more. The only colors on the first batch of FJ that would do that were black or silver so as I set my sights on a new FJ in August of 2006, that's what I was looking for. I had gotten set up with a salesman and told him that I was wanting a more basic version of the FJ with a rear locker, automatic, and that those were my first two color choices. I was on my way down to visit my Mom as she was in the hospital and I got a call from my salesman. He told me that they had an FJ in that was ordered by a guy who checked it out and decided to not buy it since he didn't like it. It was just what I was looking for and I needed to come in as soon as I could. I called to check on Mom and let her and my sister know I was almost down there and Mom let me know that she was scheduled to go in for a bunch of tests and I wouldn't be able to visit until the night session so I headed for my dealer. When I pulled into the lot I could see one FJ Cruiser and that was it. My first thought was, "Please don't let it be that bright yellow one." Well it was and I test drove it, looked it over, and bought it that day. The Sun Fusion grew on me and soon I ended up liking it a lot. It was different. If I was to buy a used FJ today and found a good one I'd buy either another in Sun Fusion or I'd go Army Green as my first choices if I had a choice.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I bought mine in April 06. I had my choice of the yellow one, or wait about 6 weeks for the next ones to show up. I bought the yellow one. Then 2 days later another dealer called and said they had one in black cherry. Too late.

I do like the green best I think. Also concrete and magma.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I love my radiant red and have no regrets going with it, but if I'm being honest I really like the cavalry blue. I know lots don't like the white roof of the FJC but I personally do (not on every color though), as its part of the FJ history and what makes them distinct. That cavalry blue just looks so good with the white above it

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
I love my radiant red and have no regrets going with it, but if I'm being honest I really like the cavalry blue. I know lots don't like the white roof of the FJC but I personally do (not on every color though), as its part of the FJ history and what makes them distinct. That cavalry blue just looks so good with the white above it
I really wished they would have come out with red and the white roof too. That would have looked sharp and been right there with the historic look too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've always wanted a bright blue car. And over the last decade plus, every car I've had was either grey or silver usually because they were good deals or from family. But for the FJ I said I was going to hold out until I found just the right Voodoo Blue. I found her in October from another forum member but she was out in Arkansas. My buddy and I flew out, bought her and drove her home. She's one of the few voodoo blues I've seen with a color matched roof.
and I fall more in love each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've always wanted a bright blue car. And over the last decade plus, every car I've had was either grey or silver usually because they were good deals or from family. But for the FJ I said I was going to hold out until I found just the right Voodoo Blue. I found her in October from another forum member but she was out in Arkansas. My buddy and I flew out, bought her and drove her home. She's one of the few voodoo blues I've seen with a color matched roof.
and I fall more in love each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love your Color matched VooDoo! Looks amazing! Ive always been a fan of the monochromatic voodoo FJs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a '14 Heritage Blue. Not because it was by choice, but by the time I was able to get one.....she was the last one on the lot. Still love it though.....the VooDoo blue (especially that beauty monochromatic one a few posts back) is my fave for the FJ, with all black being a close second. Always owned black cars, but the FJ is unique and looks even better with the standout colours.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No love out there for Silver Fresco Metallic, Brick, Black, or Black Diamond Pearl huh??

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not the biggest fan of my cement/white roof, but it was the last new one on the lot and it had a few people looking at it when I went in to buy it. My favorite would be either the quicksand or voodoo blue.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts