Votes: 27 24.5%
  • SEMA TRD 17"

Votes: 23 20.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, another month, another poll! I have Blake of @CruiserGear to thank for this month's poll.

So which one of these Toyota/TRD wheels offered for the FJ is your favorite??

The TRD wheel we typically associate with the TRD Pro 4Runner was first shown on the 2013 FJ-S Cruiser Concept first debuted at the 2013 FJ Summit and 2013 SEMA which is why it is included in this poll.

If one of the wheels shown isn't shown in your personal favorite color option comment below and tell us which one is your favorite! for example the 6-Spoke TRD was offered in Gunmetal Grey, Black, and Silver finishes and the Simulated Beadlock TRD was offered in a Black or Grey on TTSE/TTUEs but could also be purchased in a Bronze finish.

On my first FJ, the TRD Special Edition, the thing I got the most compliments about more than anything was the Gunmetal Grey 6-Spoke wheels! They did look slick! But I personally love the Black Beadlock-Style TRD wheels.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Steelies!! They look good, they're strong, and they're easily replaceable (cheap!).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I voted the simulated bead lock even though they are 16".

Plus you can bend them back with a hammer! :shinner:
I can think of a lot of other things that will be broken if you're banging around enough to bend a wheel, but yeah, they're reshape-able.

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
I can think of a lot of other things that will be broken if you're banging around enough to bend a wheel, but yeah, they're reshape-able.
Actually steel wheels are pretty easy to bend the outter lip on. (Much more so than alloys) I saw a Tacoma bend his at Kansas Rocks, and to be honest I bent one on a work truck hitting a pothole on the edge of a poorly maintained paved road. It bent in enough so air was escaping and I had to change the tire. We bent it back with a hammer and it was good as new!

:roller:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have now is the 8 holes, but really like to have the 6 spoke trd in gunmetal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I have the stock 6 spoke 16 on my 11 TT and was just waiting for tires to wear down to get 17 SEMA, which apparently not available anymore: but may come back in June? Certainly hope so!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What years did the 8 spoke gunmetal come with? Am I able to get these at the dealer? Anyone know the part number? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2014 5100 lift, 275/KO2’s, trail teams odds and ends.
28 Posts
The bead lock was my fav but since I had just purchased new 17 KO2’s I went with SEMA. Bead lock doesn’t come in 17”

1 - 18 of 18 Posts