Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to Fazzia's build page!! Just another girls build (so don't hate too much if it gets a little girlie, Lol)...

FJ Description

2012 Radiant Red Trail Team Special Edition
fj.jpg

Suspension
3" ICON Stage 2 lift kit
Light Racing Upper Control Arms
20130511_093834.jpg

Wheels/ Tires/ Accessories

16" TRD Special Edition Black Finished Alloy Wheels
265/70R16 BFGoodrich All-Terrains
1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers

Armor/ Exterior/Lighting
OEM Rock Rails/Sliders
Rocktek Shock Mount Armor
Trail Teams Blacked Out Trim Pieces
BajaRack
DO Single hoop bumper w/ some custom touches
OEM Tow hitch and harness
BudBuilt differential skid plate
ICON LCA Armor
Acro 3.5" Lights
Light Force 4" off road lights
Baja Rack rear door ladder
fj7.jpg

Recovery
30,000 LB Recovery Strap
Black D-shackles with red isolators
Craftsman tool box filled with random tools
Iron Man Portable air Compressor
Knock off tire deflation kit

Communication

Big Bill Combo Radio Kit
Handheld Midland CB Radio - 40 Channel
4’ Firefly Antenna
Bandi antenna mount

Engine/ Performance/ Mechanical

4.0 liter V6 260HP
Active Traction Control (A-TRAC)
Rear Locking Differential (RR DIFF LOCK)
Back-up camera
Expedition one windshield washer bottle relocation kit

Interior

Pre-2011 All-weather Floor Mats
Trail Team All-weather cargo mat
OEM rear view back up camera
Springtail Solutions HD rear door storage (waiting install)
Springtail Solutions petbarrier
Wickid CAS aftermarket box w/FJ emblem
2 10” Hertz energy subwoofers
Kenwood 1200W 5 channel amplifier
12V/100W and 115V/400W outlets
Excalibur Security System with Remote Start

Camping Gear:
New Addition: 1968 Nimrod tent trailer
Sleeps 4 comfortably. Includes 2 full size beds. Perfect for the family and super light weight.

20130511_093929.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A little history......... to make a long story short....

I had a nice Texas edition Chevy Silverado with about 25k miles. But I wanted something a little more well.... "cooler", me! I actually started out looking for a 4-runner but fate drew me around the corner, and like a fairytale I saw her. It first started out as a "oh lets give it a spin".... That's all it took.
silverado.jpg to fj3.jpg

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now First things first....

Mod #1 OME Hitch

Install of an OME trailer hitch. Yes, this is something a girl can install herself. Well, if your Fj is pre-wired it makes it so super easy. I actually considered having the dealership install the harness. Boy, I'm glad I didn't waste the $50 quote I received. It literally took 5 minutes. Take your time and follow the instructions.
The hitch itself, I used tons of elbow grease on one bolt in particular. In fact I should probably double check my torques. :rolleyes: ill get some pictures of a before and after shot soon.

Mod #2 Sound

Sound.....
We all know the 2012 T/T Fj sound quality sucks. And I was given rare cazy good hearing, I hear every beat and every instrument being played. That being said, sound quality is a must for me. I found a crazy expensive audio shop to purchase and install my subwoofers and box. And yes I mean that literally. Without knowing, I spent incredibly wayyy too much money. When they say knowledge is power, its true.
However, on the flip side my subwoofers are amazing. I went with the Wickid Cas fiberglass box with 2 10" Hertz subs. I have to keep these guys on -3 on my head unit and my kill knob turned all the way down. I would recommend these guys to anyone that wants performance speakers that rock. A Kenwood Excelon amp is also pushing these bad boys. They make a great team.
I am still waiting for new speakers up front and a new GPS/DVD player head unit to finish my sound. Guess I'm waiting till I blow the fronts, that'll give me an argument to explain to the better half why I need new speakers. We don't agree on the sound quality. :cool:
audio fj.jpg

Mod #3 ZORT: AKA: HP

Gotta join the Zombie Apocolypse First Responder Team
zombie fj.jpg

And let's not forget about the great forum badge from 2012. I made it just in time to order and receive my badge of honor.

20121104_123846.jpg

Mod #4 Communication

I debated and researched about a CB that would work for the trails. I was a newbie and wanted something easy and less permanant. I ended up getting a wireless handheld cb with an easy temporary antenna that was held on by a magnet. Ya, about that.... don't bother waste of time and money.

I was able to exchange it for the handheld Cobra 75WXST Compact Cb Radio. Along with that, I ordered a bandi mount, Firestik Firefly 3ft Flexible CB Antenna, Firestik Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Spring, and the 18ft Coax Cable and Antenna Stud with Removable Connector. The "Big Bill" CB combo is awesome and perfect for the trails.

Installation wasn't too bad. I did have to practice it a bit to get the cable through the back door just perfect so it wouldn't pinch or hang low. A few zip ties and some trial and error, perfect.
And if you're like me you'd like to refrain from drilling permanent holes throughout your truck in case you change your mind of placement of well, anything. I highly suggest velcro. Usually less permanent and residue removable with alcohol. I removed the mount knob on the back of the cb and placed heavy duty velcro on the back. Then a piece next to the shifter. This keeps it easy access when on the trails.
Off the trails I keep the cb behind the passenger seat in the net pocket. This keeps items less noticeable for thieves.
My cb survived when the theives broke in, which you'll read about in future threads.

Thanksgiving 2012 Dallas to San Antonio

And occasionally I'll throw some fun stuff, like our traveling arrangements from Dallas to San Antonio. All in which included myself, my better half, Grandma, and 2 year old twins. Talking about a heap of a good ole' time. And boy, we can accumulate a bunch of crap. Please excuse my language.

20121125_111435.jpg

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mod #5 Suspension

I lucked out on a great deal and purchased the hybrid Icon Stage 2 Lift kit.

The kit included:
Standard Travel Adjustable Coil-over Shock Kit
2" Lift Rear Coil-spring Kit
ICON V.S 2.0 Series Rear Mono-tube Shocks
Light Racing UCA's

Before....
stock fj.jpg

After....
fj4.jpg

Mod #6 Front Demello Single Hoop Bumper

I totally dig this bumper and the beefy look it gives Fazzia. I actually started the install by myself and ended up using my mother to help me finish it. Yes, it's heavy and I highly recommend help. Getting it to line up just perfect is a bit of a pain. And if you plan to install lights, I suggest doing it at all at once. It will prevent you from having to deal with the bumper again.

Before
fj5.jpg

Before Lights
fj6.jpg

After Lights
fj7.jpg

Mod #7 Stealth mode on the front Toyota emblem

And I thank Lego for doing this. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mod #8 Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers

With the lift and the stock 265's, poor Fazzia looks a little undersized. Unfortunately, I am a grown kid with twins, on a budget! New tires are just not in my near future (says the better half). So I decided to get the next best thing. Wheel spacers! They kicked the tires out just a smidge to give it a small, yet noticeable stance. She looks great!

My brother helped with the install. Yay!
20130210_180154.jpg

Passenger rear tire. I think you'll be able to see the difference pretty good in these pics.

Before.... Sorry it's sideways. I cannot figure out how to correct it. Grrr...
20130210_180539.jpg

After....
20130210_183027.jpg

Mod #9 DO Red Zone

I wanted a little personalized touched on my Demello bumper. Since the red and black go great together I decided to make a red background for the DO, on the bumper. I racked my brain on different things I could do. I even took a few trips to Home Depot to find metal pieces that could possibly work. Problem is, lack of tooling on my part. I needed something that minimized cutting/welding and something easy.

One day I was cleaning my garage and found my stash of license plates. Let me clear that up... I collect license plates from all the cars I sell/trade/buy, whatever. I started this young and have a pretty decent stash going. One day I'm sure I'll make something cool with them. Who knows?!? Anyways, back to my project.... I did a fit test and it was the perfect fit to fit behind the DO on the bumper. I painted it up, found some bolts and flattened (not sure what they're called) washers and attached the plate to the bumper. Super easy mod. I still need to paint the silver bolts black but other than that, I like it.

Before....
IMG_20121104_130442.jpg

After....
20130511_094311.jpg

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Looking good!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,450 Posts
Looks nice! :wave:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mod #11 Armor

BudBuilt Diff Skid

Ok so I figured it was about time to start investing in some protection. Since I am on a budget, one step at a time....

My first piece was a BudBuilt Diff skid. It was used and I lucked out, it was already red and matched Fazzia.

Install was a pain in the foot. By the end of the day I was calling Budbuilt and throwing tools around. After a few hours and a phone call, I found out that in 2010 they changed a few things on the edges of the skid. This became an easy fix. I borrowed a grinder and some other tools from the neighbor and went to town on this guy.

Eventually I was able to beat the skid all the way up. Another problem I ran into was the bolts on the rear side of the skid. On the passenger side I would get one bolt ran and then the second bolt I couldn't get the bolt to catch on the threads (Make sense?). Well I ended up getting all the bolts I could on and tight and let it be. I am missing one bolt but this skid is so snug and tight it'll take a heavy hit to bounce off. I'll double check it when she's paid off and I plan on hitting hard. I believe that's 5 years and 2 months now. HAHA.

I'm sure you've seen her before on the forum... But here she is.... This picture is before I finished the install. The fuel line is now attached so don't worry. : )

1367367382128.jpg

#12 Shock Armor

I purchased shock armor from TRDparts4U and had it delivered to a TTR meeting (thank you Tish). Awesome group of people. Love you guys!! They also went out of their way to install my shock armor right there at the meeting. Tatum off the forum did a great job. He even noticed my bolt and washer being bent from previous trail riding. Oooops. Good thing I have shock armor now. :bigthumb:

:rocker:Stay tuned. More to come..... :rocker:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's some pics of how I mounted my CB. Easy as pie with no drilling.
On the trails: attached to the console
Off the trails: behind the passenger seat

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
nice looking truck ... that colour kinda grows on ya doesn't it, like Voodoo Blue does ...

:lol::lol:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been letting mine dominate space in the center console for years. Never once occurred to me that I should just jam it back there :)

Cluster annoys me so I do everything I can to organize it... Hope this helps.....

nice looking truck ... that colour kinda grows on ya doesn't it, like Voodoo Blue does ...

Thanks. I love it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

:lol::lol:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T
Btw I dig the voodoo Blue it pops like the red... :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20