Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys and gals,

Has anyone tried this tire yet?
I was quoted a really good price on a set of five of these 285/75R16 mounted and balanced for $1070.43

Looking for a Daily driver, and some off-road use.

Thanks
Dawud

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have them as a daily driver. Works great. Great price.

How well long have you had them, and how much on-road action do they see?
I understand they are M/T tires , but I am still looking for something that will last me for atleast a year or two

D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi g0lden, I haven't had them long enough to justify however, I do drive about 100 miles a day all around town and pull a trailer about 3 days out of the week. I've had them mounted about 1.5 months and so far, I like them alot. Only thing is my MPG has dropped about 20 miles per tank. I've run over about 3 nails and 2 screws which had no effect on them. Lucky me, they were short enough not to puncture the thick tread.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I have a set of 35''s I been running for about 3 months or 2500 miles...Outstanding tire in the mud, sand, rocks. They are a little noisey on the road but what can you expect from a M/T...I ordered them online and got a killer deal...with shipping to a buisness address about $1150. So far I like them and the tread pattern looks better than a Interco TSL swamper... You have to see the lugs on these monsters! They eject mud and will dig you right thru the muck.

I will post some pics when I can...so far I'm happy I purchased them and nobody can come close to the price!

·
Registered
190 Posts
For the price, you'd be much better off going Firestone Destination M/T...People have gotten over 75,000 miles out of them, and they are proven off road performers, not to mention just about impossible to puncture. Just my .02 though...From someone living in the 3rd world driving over some pretty nasty roads and debris daily I highly recommend them...

·
Registered
382 Posts
So this thread has been dead awhile. Id like to hear an update from you guys that have had these a few years now. How many miles and how are they holding up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts