Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
wow this story's better than the short verison...those guys at chevy are real ah0les, them and cheap american trucks.....thanks again If I'm down in the south I'll call ya and buy ya some lunch or something THANKS AGAIN :cheers:
Cool, eat some seafood and take the FJ's on the beach. Im buying!

---FJ/TJ, I love Big Brother references! (DO IT, call Uncle Hugo!!)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think this story is worthy of OBX Chevrolet to get their first Yelp review.
Sounds interesting, what is it exactly?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
That story was so messed up that I wasn't sure if I was about to cry or rip something in half and throw it across the room.....what a fk'n bunch of @$$h0l3s! Holy [email protected]!

As others have said, hats off to you, Hugo, and props for going with what you felt in your heart.

I can understand that. :cheers:

Maybe do the......

F you

F you

F you

You're Cool (pointing to Harvey)

and F you

as you walk out the door.

:lol:
Thanks, Gunny.
I wish I could put that on a bumper sticker :lol:

...those guys at chevy are real ah0les, them and cheap american trucks.....
Indeed. After our experience with a Chevy Blazer (which was a lemon) and Hi-jack Chevrolet in 2003 (not to mention all of the other broken-down pieces of [email protected] I've either had or experienced through others over the years), I could never go back.

I think this story is worthy of OBX Chevrolet to get their first Yelp review.
x2 :bigthumb:

Sounds interesting, what is it exactly?
"Yelp is the fun and easy way to find and talk about great (and not so great) local businesses"

Thanks again, Hugo.
Rob was bummed out the other day when we weren't able to get it installed, but you have certainly made up for it with how far you went out of your way to make it right.

If you're at Summit this year, I hope the line isn't too long to stand in to buy you a beer :cheers:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hugo, I was there for the build this weekend with a bunch of other FJ's at our Colorado garage build If you haven't sent them out yet make sure you autograph those brackets. Great story. Rob sure look depressed on Saturday trying to get that bar on. Can't wait to wheeL this summer with Rob and over beers laugh when we look at his bumper.
What a weekend. And fitting near your 1000th post.
Cheers,
Olygold

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Steve... very impressive... not too many people would have gone the extra mile that you did. I wonder if I call them tomorrow and tell them I want my bumper wings back... LOL. Here to you :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks a ton everyone...I knew Rob had to be down if he's anything like me..there is nothing worse than wanting to complete a mod and not being able to. That's why I wouldn't take no for answer and if you all would have been there..i was close to being thrown out of there...I'm just so glad it turned out ok and its over...just showered the day off me. Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Steve... very impressive... not too many people would have gone the extra mile that you did. I wonder if I call them tomorrow and tell them I want my bumper wings back... LOL. Here to you :cheers:
Holy [email protected]! That would be funny as heck!
Or call and ask if the blue FJ had mounting brackets for a :rofl:push bar

PS..this FJ was $18,900 at First Team, $22,900 at that obx beeyatch chevrolet...man the more I think about today the more I realize how uncomfortable today was...dix!!

Just looked it up..online price is $20867

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Im in the process of writing a letter to Corporate Chevrolet. I could really care less, people like that will always be miserable little wanks. Im glad I dont hate my life as much as that mechanic obviously did :)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Shipped:clap:

Pic is how the go on if you were looking at the FJ actually the pic shows them on their side....(from in front of it) You will get it :)
Im pretty sure, double check those directions I sent you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thank God, I am reading on my end on the UPS tracking web site page that you got those 2 little monsters. Let me know if everything is ok.

Drop the skid completely to get thos brackets on(to get those brackets on, just lay on your back and get under it with 2 wrenches) When brackets are on put skid on loosely so you can shift is a little when you go to tighten up the bar on each side. Call me if you have any problems. It will take some dexterity but all in all its pretty easy.

Post pics when youre done :)

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Cool....looks like another vehicle tweaking party in the near future. :cheers:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Steve you are the MAN, way to do the right thing! If we ever run into each other the beer is on me. Don't give OBX another thought, D.bags will be D.bags.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
H,
Good things come to good people! Don't sweat OBX Chevy. They will get theirs in the end.:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks guys and gals, Ill take that beer:) I needed a case of beer after dealing with obx poopy chevy, effem:) Im just glad it all turned out for the best!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
glad it all worked out :bigthumb:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts