Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NYC,NJ, Long Island, CT.
Anyone interested in getting together for some Mod and Tech day.
We can do some grilling also to feed the hungry helpers.

Seems like there are a bunch of folks that need help with mods or install.
Let get up some feelers here.
Basicly we really need a location that can accomindate @4-10? rigs.
Lets get this before the summer temp gets here.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
open to everyone.
especially you crazy pa TT owners.

PS check out the FJ Bruisers. That club might be closer to you guys.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
NYC,NJ, Long Island, CT.
Anyone interested in getting together for some Mod and Tech day.
We can do some grilling also to feed the hungry helpers.

Seems like there are a bunch of folks that need help with mods or install.
Let get up some feelers here.
Basicly we really need a location that can accomindate @4-10? rigs.
Lets get this before the summer temp gets here.
im not doing any mods right now, but i will come to help and to just hang out, will there be some of you thai beer you had ant the n/e easter run? i could hook up with logan and caravan to localation:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Definitely in!
No more christenings to attend (I think?) to conflict with a meet.
I have been wrenching all my life, 45 years, and can give sound advise on mechanical & electrical issues.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am in to help, eat, drink, cook or just be a general wise a$$
LOL
Where and when?
What should I bring?
Maybe I will have to buy something to install.

I have some Factory Rock Rails coming but the UPS man will not even get them in the door before I break out the tools and bolt them right on the FJ

I also have a factory AUX light switch and harness coming for my off road lights. I have one in already but the damn thing is only back lit so its hard to tell if the lights are on or off in the daytime, I have fried 2 sets of light covers because the F*$#@! lights were on. The only reason I knew they were on is because I saw the smoke from the melting light covers. What a PITA it was to get the remains of the melted cover off the lights. I am laughing about in now, but I was none to happy at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I'd offer up our shop at my fathers in Southbury, CT. We have two large bays and a big driveway. If I clean it up, we can get two rigs in the garage and two behind them just outside. Plenty of parking, gas grill, room for coolers. Just need to get a date set. I wouldn't be available myself until the weekend after the July 4TH. Just throwing that out there. We have a compressor as well. It would actually probably benefit Capt. Rick as well. He can offer up some of his Poly Skids at a reasonable price with no shipping needed. Let me know what you think. It's exit 15 off of I-84 CT. About 5 minutes from the highway and there are two commuter lots I can collect people at to bring them to the house. Shop is the building behind my rig.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'd offer up our shop at my fathers in Southbury, CT. We have two large bays and a big driveway. If I clean it up, we can get two rigs in the garage and two behind them just outside. Plenty of parking, gas grill, room for coolers. Just need to get a date set. I wouldn't be available myself until the weekend after the July 4TH. Just throwing that out there. We have a compressor as well. It would actually probably benefit Capt. Rick as well. He can offer up some of his Poly Skids at a reasonable price with no shipping needed. Let me know what you think. It's exit 15 off of I-84 CT. About 5 minutes from the highway and there are two commuter lots I can collect people at to bring them to the house. Shop is the building behind my rig.
View attachment 24212
:rocker:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd be up for a meet as well. I just got my FJ last week so it's very virgin like...mods will hopefully follow. It would be nice to see others rigs and steal some good ideas. Looking into radio help initially. As a word or warning...I really can't help myself fixing stuff yet along offering suggestions to others but I am willing to learn and fetch tools for stuff if needed.

Joe

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds like an excellent Idea to me. I can help out with suspension lifts and bumper installs if we can come up with a date that works for everybody.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We need a spot.

Sounds like an excellent Idea to me. I can help out with suspension lifts and bumper installs if we can come up with a date that works for everybody.:cheers:
im in...i can do about everything from radio's to suspension...
Tried doing a spacer installed today on Tai's rings.
We could not get it for nothing.
Will you want to help out?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We gotta find a place to hold mod day.

We also need a bigger crow bar to get Tai's lower shock eye over that front LCA lip.
That freakin spacer.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks guys for helping me get my lift on. I'm amazed at how good of a mod the 883 + tp14 is! Not only is my truck level but the nose dive is pretty much gone! Another thing that I had noticed is that I can now see better out of the back window. The spare doesnt seem to block out the entire rear anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Thanks for waking up early and come over to help us with our cars.

[/IMG]
Siri, you guys had to be dying in the heat out there no? That's a tough way to work. I'm trying to get a date that works but right now I can't give a date until the third weekend in July. Unless we can pull enough people together for next Saturday. I have to double check. I'll check in later.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts