Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took on Honda Corporation several months ago on an issue related to a 2011 Pilot

I launched an aggressive social media campaign against Honda, within 48 hours they were literally begging to fix the problem. No joke, begging.

Be careful not to defame but when properly executed Social Media can be very effective.

I believe this fender issue could be resolved favorably and relatively quickly with the proper campaign. What I am talking about could seriously eat into Toyota's profit margins. When faced with a direct informational campaign from multiple directions (all accusations based in fact), an organization must ask the following questions:

1. Can we control this information?
2. Can this information flow affect public perception of our product?
3. Can we know how many sales will be lost due to this information surge?
4. Will ignoring this problem any longer save us more money than it will cost
in lost customer loyalty, brand reputation etc?

*5. What are the chances that other more powerful media forms pick up on the story and globalize it?

In my opinion, based on Toyota's position over last few years there will never be a better time than right now to go after this situation. In other words, Toyota cannot afford to be seen as ignoring something like this.

Let me know if anyone is interested in addressing this once and for all.

UPDATE:

I'm glad to see so many are interested in my proposed solution. This will require coordination amongst all of us over a period of months, my guess is 3 to 4 months.

Facebook will be part of the effort, but more importantly TWITTER will be the jumping off point for all other avenues.

If you haven't done so go ahead sign up with twitter and Facebook. I can organize this but will need help from everybody by following my lead and taking my cue's.

*****My Twitter Account is jbazaarsource Please follow me on Twitter ASAP******

my email is [email protected], send me an email so I can start a list to communicate with everyone more effeciently.

When sending your email include your twitter account name & Pics of fenders if you have them!

UPDATE #2

Looking good everyone. Please understand that this won't work without Twitter. All twitter posts will include a link to the Facebook page with pics. Follow jbazaarsource on TWITTER

I also want to pose a question to everyone who will be involved in this campaign.

Does anyone have a problem with sending a letter to Toyota just prior to launching this campaign, essentially stating that out of respect for Toyota we wanted to give them a chance to re-consider their position on this problem.

Furthermore, out of respect for the public at large and unsuspecting consumers we are very much willing to go after Toyota if they ignore or try to sweep this under the rug any longer.

One more thing, again please include your name, twitter acct, and year model FJ and specify whether you actually have cracked inner fenders. Send this info to [email protected]

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I took on Honda Corporation several months ago on an issue related to a 2011 Pilot

I launched an aggressive social media campaign against Honda, within 48 hours they were literally begging to fix the problem. No joke, begging.

Be careful not to defame but when properly executed Social Media can be very effective.

I believe this fender issue could be resolved favorably and relatively quickly with the proper campaign. What I am talking about could seriously eat into Toyota's profit margins. When faced with a direct informational campaign from multiple directions (all accusations based in fact), an organization must ask the following questions:

1. Can we control this information?
2. Can this information flow affect public perception of our product?
3. Can we know how many sales will be lost due to this information surge?
4. Will ignoring this problem any longer save us more money than it will cost
in lost customer loyalty, brand reputation etc.?
5. What are the chances that other more powerful media forms pick up on the story and globalize it?

In my opinion, based on Toyota's position over last few years there will never be a better time than right now to go after this situation. In other words, Toyota cannot afford to be seen as ignoring something like this.

Let me know if anyone is interested in addressing this once and for all.

I posted something along these lines that i saw happen in 2000-2001 with the Celica and it worked.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Create a Facebook Page. Create Admins similar to any forum. Then the admin/s can moderate the posts on the page or you can set up as no posts are allowed only by admin. Based on the number of "Friends" or people who like the page that is how you can show interest of people that have this problem or who have an FJ that want it to be fixed. For the record I am not promoting Facebook, but everyone and their mother is on Facebook now. It may be easier to not allow posts at all that way the admin can just state the facts about the problem and not have to worry about any hostile posts.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I'm the first person who likes it!! (on facebook)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm the first person who likes it!! (on facebook)
Ha, uphill did you want to be an admin? I have no experience with this problem at all, other than reading it on the forums. I figure if we have admins that have issues/cases with toyota they can upload directly to the fan page.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Done

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I'm in.

You may want to expand on your description to include the fender bulges as well. Also, you could post pictures as examples of the problems.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I'll like it when I get home. Can't get there from work. I'd suggest putting "Toyota" in the page name as well.

Hope JayFF doesn't mind his idea getting started

·
Registered
68 Posts
woodsman,

i do not have any pictures of this. I was hoping to add amins that have this and can include it. anyone that wants to be an admin either post on here or add me as a friend so i can give you admin rights.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I'm on board for support. Don't have this problem myself, but it needs a resolution for those that do and for those to come.

Has anyone proposed doing this for the Throwout Bearing issue?

EDIT: Definitely need all the pictures we can find of both damaged and UNdamaged fenders for comparison.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Pics can be "right click and save as" straight out of the various fender threads.

I also mentioned your page on our main Fender thread. There are several threads scattered about though.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Just posted one of my pics. I gave up on fighting this a while ago but I sure wish they would do something about it. I have even thought of getting rid of my rig because how Toyota has treated me on this issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
woods: much appreciated on the mention. Pictures have been added and I have also added some admins. Anyone interested in helping out, becoming an admin let me know.

26 likes with 3 admins and 6 pictures. if someone has a testimony with a dealership they could add that would be great.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.