Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find fiberglass fenders and rear quarter panels? My FJ is finally coming real soon and I want to put Mickey Thompson 33" X 15.50 AT tires. At the end of the day I want my FJ to have a wide stance ready for business. Thank you

·
Registered
346 Posts
if you want fiber glass total chaos sells a set front and back
but unless you get the long travel you might want to go with bush wacker
little cheaper.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
15.5" wide??

holy wow.. You are getting long travel right? If not you wont even be able to pull into a parking spot without making a 19-point turn :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Does anyone know where to find fiberglass fenders and rear quarter panels? My FJ is finally coming real soon and I want to put Mickey Thompson 33" X 15.50 AT tires. At the end of the day I want my FJ to have a wide stance ready for business. Thank you

Unless you are putting a long travel suspension on your new FJC, those 15.50's won't clear. And you'll need 12"+ wide wheels to use them anyway - how will you get those to fit and turn ? And more importantly, why ? you'll be adding a tremendous amount of stress to the front end without any practical advantage (aesthetics aside).

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Are you going with the long travel??? If you're not you should think of getting some smaller tires.:bigthumb:

Do you mean 33x12.50????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply. For some reason I thought having 15.50" wide tires would make the FJ unstoppable. After doing some reading I've learned that having tires that wide limits performance. Thank you all again for saving me from my ignorance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts