Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
If they are steal I don’t like. The paint will eventually deteriorate and rust will come.
They also look like they would be hard to get the mud and crud cleaned out of.
Now comes the steering wheel shake shimmy.

I have one set of steel wheels left on a vehicle and they are not friendly because of the reasons above but they were cheap.

Do they look good, hell ya.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they are steal I don’t like. The paint will eventually deteriorate and rust will come.
They also look like they would be hard to get the mud and crud cleaned out of.
Now comes the steering wheel shake shimmy.

I have one set of steel wheels left on a vehicle and they are not friendly because of the reasons above but they were cheap.

Do they look good, hell ya.
They are aluminum, meant to look like steelies.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,992 Posts
$250 each

·
Registered
208 Posts
They’re awesome, my only complaint having owned Fifteen52 wheels, the paint quality has been pretty meh. If I was getting a set I’d factor in having them powder coated prior to mounting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They’re awesome, my only complaint having owned Fifteen52 wheels, the paint quality has been pretty meh. If I was getting a set I’d factor in having them powder coated prior to mounting
That sucks, considering these wheels are not cheap (17s are $295 each).

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I guess if you want the look of steel, without the weight and other downsides.
Downside of steel: rust.
Downside of aluminum: can crack under severe impact.

Steel wheels will bend, and can generally be beaten back into a condition where you can get the tire bead to seal.

Once an aluminum wheel has cracked, or had a chunk broken out of the lip, there are no trail-side repair options.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts