Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, the price of fuel is starting to wear on my wallet a bit. Good thing my recent projects are all close to home. $75 to fill the FJ and $78 to fill my Taco. The Taco's a four banger so we'll be putting a little more mileage on her now. Fj will be taking a break until next weekends run in the Catskills with my new Gotham City Land Cruiser family. My fiance is actually riding shotgun with Capt. Rick in Mass with the Northeast Toyota Crawlers right now. I had a long week and needed a down day. We've got quite a few runs coming up, I hope fuel doesn't get to out of hand. It's B.S.. I don't think the general public *****es enough and they'll keep going up on price until we break!:flame: Oh yes, I just noticed my typo in the header it should have been $158 to fill up the rigs. I wonder if I could fit all my tools in a Yaris!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Re: Filled up the Taco and FJ yesterday $178.00!

See page 30 of June/July issue of Fine Homebuilding where a contractor shows how he outfits a Honda Element to carry many of his tools.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Oh yes, I just noticed my typo in the header it should have been $158 to fill up the rigs.
Fixed it for ya! :D

I agree, it hurts to fill up. I've been running around with my gas light on for three days now. I work exactly 2 miles from home these days. It's pretty sweet. I'd walk but there's this huge hill right between me and work. I'd be a sweaty mess.

M

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
of course my company pays for my fuel, but last week i burned close to 300.00 in fuel running service. it is the new way of life i guess. so i just except it. and move forward.we do need to do that as much as it hurts right now, imo. i am sure there will be a turn around soon with the prices, or our cost of living..:)

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I paid $4.07 a gallon this morning. I am going through at least 2 tanks a week with my job right now and I agree, it is starting to get a little bit interesting. I have to say that I have started thinking about where I spend my money a little more these days. I don't know what the fix to all of it is but I sure hope somebody gets it figured out soon.

Kim

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
We took a four hour run down into Maine this weekend and we saw prices from $3.75 to $3.97 over the weekend for regular. The smaller outports of Mount Desert Island actually had the lower prices and the further north we got the prices went up. Up here its around $5.85 a gallon (Imp Gal) which means it gets into the high $60's to fill up with regular fuel. I used the premium fuel while away since it was a 93 octane....I think it was $4.06 a gallon. I filled up here when I got back and had a 25.3mpg which is pretty cool. Lots of slow backroad stuff pays off I guess.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know it doesn't help, but I fill up at half tank now... it makes me feel better about spending less at the pump LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
its killing me too, im not letting it get below 1/2 tank, i know it all comes out the same anyway, just doesnt seem as bad, no more just driving on my lunch and that is forcing me to bring lunch to help make up for the fuel

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm riding my Honda to work this week. It's fun and my black FJ stays black. Might be time for our new Iraqi friends to pony up some crude to help Uncle Sam through a tough go.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm riding my Honda to work this week. It's fun and my black FJ stays black. Might be time for our new Iraqi friends to pony up some crude to help Uncle Sam through a tough go.
Yeah I wanted to start using my Suzuki Boulevard but can't figure out how to carry my coffees in the morning. I need coffee. The back pack thermos BS is not an option. As it get's warmer I think i'll be using the bike more.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i agree , time for some payback in gas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts