Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got some pictures of my rig on my computer and somewhat organized and figured it's time for a build thread of my own.

My Fj started out as an '07 VB 6MT with package 2 with the TRD exhaust.

Right after I picked the Fj up from the dealership in June '07 I was way to excited to take pictures so we'll have to start this journey a few weeks later.

Here she is pretty much stock (the first thing I did was put 265/70/R17 BFG ATs on her and add a Rocky Mounts bike tray):

Next step was the Demello Front Bumper after somebody backed into the stock Tupperware piece... (Yep, my buddy is holding the printed forum thread on how to remove the bezel and bumper, Thanks guys!!!)

The it was time for a little more 'uumph' with the TRD CAI and a little while later a Wolo Full Blast Horn to complement the stock one. Can't say that it's the loudest thing out there but for a $12/5 minute mod it definitely makes the horn sound like an actual car horn ;) .. and then of course there was the forum badge, just had to add that one!

As far as the interior goes I run a Garmin nuvi that gets me most places around town and I carry an eTrex for some topo info along the trail... I also replaced the stock shift knob with the TRD one (and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of an IMP t-case knob to match). Somewehere along the way I added a ScanguageII and I have to say I've been very pleased with that addition.

And finally just yesterday I had a 3''OME lift, 16x8 ATX Chamber wheels, and 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers installed. (A huge thanks to the guys at Slee Offroad!) Now she looks and runs like she's supposed to and we're getting ready to tackle the Summit in Ouray this Summer. Can't Wait!

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep... I definitely need to get out more!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A while ago I also made a mount for my cb as well as added the IMP t-case knob to go along with my TRD shift knob.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it's been a while so I thought I'd post a quick update, since there have been some changes over the past months ...

Added Lightforce 170s to the bumper.

They do stick out a bit and are now the furthest forward point on the truck but after seeing how the Lightforce lights hold up under abuse from shotguns, baseball bats and road kill I'm not too concerned. I haven't hit anything with that part of my bumper since I installed it anyway (only scraped stuff with the angled lower part, so the powder coat needs a little love soon). Got the clear filters that come with them and the clear combo filters. Very happy with them so far.

Then came the All Phase front skid (Thanks to TisilverFj for making that possible).

And finally I couldn't resist the TrailGear sliders group buy.

They stick out a tad further/straighter than I had thought but look and feel pretty damn sturdy and should help the wife get in a little easier.

I also pulled the center caps of my ATX Chambers since they were starting to get scratched and rusty. Haven't decided yet if I want to repaint them and put them back on. I kinda like the look without them.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
And for good measure a few older shots from the trails ...

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for taking the time out to show all your mods :cheers:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice trail shots :). FJ looks great too!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have a beautiful rig, I also love the teflon chamber wheels. Slee offroad seems to be the right place to go when I get that lift in the big 'someday' of the future :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have a beautiful rig, I also love the teflon chamber wheels. Slee offroad seems to be the right place to go when I get that lift in the big 'someday' of the future :)
Yeah I would say Slee and/or ToyTec are the top Toyota off-road shops in the area. Slee makes some great bumpers and sliders for Land Cruisers but when I talked to them they said they don't have the demand for FJC products since they are definitley high quality and they price accordingly. Guess some of 80 series guys are willing to pay bit more than most of us.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some of these mods are a bit dated by now but I've finally gotten around to snapping some pictures and updating this thread.

Digger's Outrider Offroad diff skid and lower shock mount armor plus FJNewb's scuba kit installed.

After almost shearing off my diff drain plug in Moab some added protection was in order.

Still need to shorten the line on the scuba kit but wanted to make sure I didn't want to relocate the breather to another spot before hacking away.

And finally just added some Wet Okoles in the front since my driver's seat is starting to show minor signs of wear. Figured I'd do something about before I have a hole;) Very happy with the fit and the lumbar support is great!

That's it for now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts