Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i finally got my sandstorm FJ. It has the off-road package so it has the 16in wheels. I put some 285 75 16 wrangler silent armor tires on and amazingly the don't rub. But the lift is on its way and should be here on wed. It is the Toytec with the med OME front coils and the Toytec rear coils. Some other stuff that is also coming are Rocky Road rock sliders and all-pro front skid plates and lower control arms and a CB with the bandi mount. Couldn't wait to take it wheeling so i drove it up a curb to see how it would flex. The pictures aren't that great cause it was with my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Cool! Where do you live? Haven't seen any sandstorms down here yet. You've got big plans for your FJ. I want to see the after pictures.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice job improvising the rock crawling demonstration on the curb. Hope you had a spotter. Would've sucked to drop that tire off the curb.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,952 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
463 Posts
nice looking ride, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Actually i just sold my wrangler to get this, so i have been up that curb many times
The nice thing is you can now do it for fun, as opposed to re-attach
the parts that were falling off...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Actually i just sold my wrangler to get this, so i have been up that curb many times
I'm an ex-wrangler owner too. I had a Discovery before I bought my FJ though. Did you look at the new Wranglers before buying the FJ. What made you decide on the FJ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically the price. The new 4-door rubicons are around 32 or 33 thousand and this is a lot less. And i never thought i wold say this but i like the FJ way better than i did my jeep. At least driving it around everyday adn we'll so how it wheels this weekend since i'm heading down to moab.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The FJ engine and the way it drives is amazing! You'll have to post some pictures from Moab. What a way to break in a new truck!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: I am sooo jealous.

This is the best color. Will look even better with the lift and all the attachments. Congratulations, fellow sandstormer!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts