Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is... Convenience + Off Road package:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota fj cruiser Regularity rally

I tried it out on a hill in Northern California. It was in a forest with some soft sand, and quite steep. Low gears, A-TRAC and... it magically reached the top without a single problem! I was impressed, this A-TRAC makes things too easy ;)

What I do not like so far:
  • Beeps
    Too many beeps. Seat belt, lights, keys, etc. I know there is a way to disable most beeps, but just in case, can somebody tell me where is the speaker so that I can get rid of it?
  • Windows
    The right window does not have the function that opens it completely when you press the button all the way down. And both window don't have the complementary function to close up completely! Do you understand what I mean here? Is there a way to enable this?
  • Armrest
    The driver's armrest seems to aim a little bit down. Is my armrest defective or is it like this by design?

For the rest, the FJ is an unbelievable off-road car...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Here it is... Convenience + Off Road package:

View attachment 24719

I tried it out on a hill in Northern California. It was in a forest with some soft sand, and quite steep. Low gears, A-TRAC and... it magically reached the top without a single problem! I was impressed, this A-TRAC makes things too easy ;)

What I do not like so far:
  • Beeps
    Too many beeps. Seat belt, lights, keys, etc. I know there is a way to disable most beeps, but just in case, can somebody tell me where is the speaker so that I can get rid of it?
  • Windows
    The right window does not have the function that opens it completely when you press the button all the way down. And both window don't have the complementary function to close up completely! Do you understand what I mean here? Is there a way to enable this?
  • Armrest
    The driver's armrest seems to aim a little bit down. Is my armrest defective or is it like this by design?

For the rest, the FJ is an unbelievable off-road car...

Auguri!!!!!!!! :clap: But, did you find manual transmission?? ;)

The window should go all the way down if you push the button all the way... if not, ask the dealer as it may be defective. It indeed does not roll back up on its own. The armrest points down, but is adjustable. When you need to adjust again though, you must first pull it ALL the way up, then start again...

I can't help with the beeps... I think they are louder than the car's WEAK horn, though, and I know how you Italians love to honk at everyone. :lol: :D

I wish I had my FJ.... it's stuck in U.S. Customs export bureaucracy and will be late to Germany. :rawr:

p.s. ¡¡¡¡¡¡VIVA LA ESPAÑA!!!!!!! (EuroCup) :D

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
a big congrats to the fj club,enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auguri!!!!!!!! :clap: But, did you find manual transmission?? ;)
Yes I did :)

The window should go all the way down if you push the button all the way... if not, ask the dealer as it may be defective. It indeed does not roll back up on its own.
Well, the driver's window goes down automatically, but not the one on the passenger's side... it is so annoying. And, even with a modification and new switches, is it really not possible to have automatic roll back up??? Anyone has ever tried that?

bye!
as

PS FJ's beeps are way less annoying that American car manufacturers (especially on rental cars). Still, I'd like to find out the speaker and cut it.

PPS well in Italy I tend to use the honk more than here. Here I even have a "defensive" driving style :)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
PS FJ's beeps are way less annoying that American car manufacturers (especially on rental cars). Still, I'd like to find out the speaker and cut it.

PPS well in Italy I tend to use the honk more than here. Here I even have a "defensive" driving style :)

Just wait until you put something heavy on the passenger seat... :lol: It beeps at you until you put the seat belt around your backpack or whatever it is you have there. :rofl:

Wow, I am impressed that you have adopted a defensive driving tactic, haha. Di dove sei? I drove for about 3 weeks in Italy in an Alfa ~ 2 years ago -- I survived. :) My husband did NOT drive there. :lol: Before that, on all of my trips there I never drove --- too scared!

I think you will be just fine in the States. Your English is perfect, and most Californians love all that is Italian. I, on the other hand, will probably not fare so well here in Germany, even though I look like one and I can sort of speak German. They are not fond of Americans. :lol: Well, it's just 2 years. But oh how I WISH we had been sent to Spain or to Italy.... :mecry:

I just found a funny thing on a site for expatriates:
"First of all I think it should be a prerequisite to own and wear daily the "A GROUCHY GERMAN IS A SOUR KRAUT" t-shirt."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wait until you put something heavy on the passenger seat... :lol: It beeps at you until you put the seat belt around your backpack or whatever it is you have there. :rofl:

Wow, I am impressed that you have adopted a defensive driving tactic, haha. Di dove sei?
Well I'm from near the Lake of Como, northern Italy. Last year I lived in a small village in Bayern. But in the last 8 years I drove across the Alps back and forth to Germany *hundreds* of times, crossing Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein. That is why I think I drive like a Swiss man :) not to mention my father was a driving instructor that loved the respect for rules and a silk-smooth way of driving :)

Anyway, thank you and to everybody else on the forum as well.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome. :wave:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well I'm from near the Lake of Como, northern Italy. Last year I lived in a small village in Bayern. But in the last 8 years I drove across the Alps back and forth to Germany *hundreds* of times, crossing Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein. That is why I think I drive like a Swiss man :) not to mention my father was a driving instructor that loved the respect for rules and a silk-smooth way of driving :)

Anyway, thank you and to everybody else on the forum as well.

Ah, Lago di Como. Allora, sei quasi tedesco. ;) I have a friend from there, originally, but she adopted Firenze, so I still haven't been to Como yet. One of these days... :)

I like Bayern. I melt for a man in lederhosen... :lol: I am in the north (Hamburg), where no one smiles. Not enough beer, I guess. ;)

Give my native Californian terra a kiss for me, would you? I hope the fires are getting under better control.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Congrats on the FJ!!:cheers:

Welcome to the forum!!!:wave:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome! Get ear plugs.
Chuck:)

·
Emeritus Moderator