Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after waiting for a month I pick it up tomorrow. Titanium with roof rack, trailer hitch and front end paint protection coating.
I've been searching the forums to see how anyone has dash mounted their sirius radio. From what I'm reading its best to go on the windshield or in the cupholder. Or should I look at an aftermarket radio?
After the big snow fall a few days ago I'll still have some time to go and get it dirty over the weekend. Only drawback is gas just went to $1.24 a litre (regular) yesterday. I can see I'm not going to get much done this weekend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is what I am doing with mine for now. It is in a good spot but blocks the a/c and I have to be careful when using the turn signal...

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Congrats.....don't forget PIX!

Mike

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice color choice !! Welcome and enjoy!!

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Welcome buddy!!! Be careful mounting anything that interferes with your turn signal. We don't have the Sirius radio but have GPS that we mounted above the rear view mirror.

WELCOME!!!

Kim

·
Registered
35 Posts
oh i forgot to mention my dashboard coffee cup mod. two pieces of velcro and viola a custom cup holder.

welcome to the forum, have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Congratulations on the FJ!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase....and welcome to the forum. Great color choice too!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm having a great time with the FJ. It's tough to get the controls from my gf but I'm bigger than her. Took it out last night in the rain for my first off-road experience ever. Some dirt piles with mud and rocks. Played for a half hour but was cautious, even went over a rock about a foot or so high (pretty extreme for me at this point). I was amazed how it turned in 4x4. My kid couldn't stop laughing and she even thought we were going to tip over a couple of times. What a great introduction to what the FJ is capable of.
Just a couple of things;
- trying to get the gf to pose for a picture to post in the girls and FJ forum
- thinking seriously about Demello sliders
- still searching out Sirius options
- what about an alarm system? are FJ's prone to theft
- having a ball

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts