Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned quite a few Toyota trucks. Included in these trucks were a '76 FJ40, an '86 and 89' FJ60 and a '91 FJ80. I absolutely loved the feel and look of the lifted convertable FJ40. The other three were wagons and I loved the uniqueness of these as well. BUT all of them were not powerful enough and the FJ40 was not the best daily driver, especially in the rain, oh and the gas mileage SUCKED on all of them also. I've always lusted after the bj70's because they were an updated FJ but they never imported them (why? I don't know)

I've also owned 3 4runners, an '86, 98 and an '03.

When I bought the '03 4runner that was the closest I could get to the perfect truck, but is is more than I need and not exactly perfect for my needs and budget. They definetly figured out the power issue with their trucks finally because the V8 I have ROCKS!

Anyway thank god they came out with the new fj. I wish they had it out when I was buying my '03 4runner because I would have saved a few bucks and got a truck that better fits my needs. I don't know why it took Toyota so long to come up with this truck and have something to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, which until now had no competition.

Finally they came out with the perfect truck for me! (well I would like a convertable though! :D )

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
who knows why the 70s never made it to the us, i have heard any number of things, the most common being they cant meet meed federal safeth and EPA regs. personally i think its just toyota going after the higher profit 80s and 100s.

The Fj Cruiser is close to perfect for me, any better and it would start to fall out of mass market appeal and they wouldnt be able to sell enough of them...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
After seeing it in person. This thing RULES. It's almost like they carved open my head and built it from what they found inside. I cannot wait for this thing to be available. It is as close to perfect as any company is ever going to come, of that I am certain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts