Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have logged 4,300 miles so far on my road trip... More to come on that.

Here is a video from Moab. Notice the rented silver JK Wrangler and the difficulty it has on one particular section. Sorry for the poor Youtube quality - its recorded in HD

YouTube - Fins 'N Things: Moab

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Great video Zane. If you upload to Vimeo, the HD stuff will come out great.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I have logged 4,300 miles so far on my road trip... More to come on that.

Here is a video from Moab. Notice the rented silver JK Wrangler and the difficulty it has on one particular section. Sorry for the poor Youtube quality - its recorded in HD

YouTube - Fins 'N Things: Moab
Great Vid,, but all that showed me that the Stock "X' can get stopped on middle of that obstacle & be good enough to actually get up it from that point. Very difficult to do from a standing stop & not running it again from the bottom with more way skinny pedal...Everybody should have to stop & then track up it from there........ Very impressive for the JK.
This stock "X" always impressed me...
YouTube - 2007 JK Stock X

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Grewat Vid,, but all that showed me that the Stock "X' casn get stopped on middle of that obstcale & be good enough to actually get up it from that point. Very difficult to do from a standing stop & not running it again from the bottom with more way skinny pedal...Everybody should have to stop & then track up it from there........ Very impressive for the JK.

That's not what I saw at all....

What I saw was that the X is at a disadvantage in that particular spot b/c of the much shorter WB.....which is pretty much the case EVERYWHERE in Moab.

To put it mildly, in Moab, wheelbase is the biggest key for most of the more "commonly run" trails.

Sean

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I also mention how much better the FJ drives and rides off road than the JK. The JK didn't feel as 'solid' or 'put together' as the FJ does - especially in the steering...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That's not what I saw at all....

What I saw was that the X is at a disadvantage in that particular spot b/c of the much shorter WB.....which is pretty much the case EVERYWHERE in Moab.

To put it mildly, in Moab, wheelbase is the biggest key for most of the more "commonly run" trails.

Sean
What I saw was someone choosing the crappiest line of all on that particular obstacle. It should hve been walked first and the better line just off to the right is obvious.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
What I saw was someone choosing the crappiest line of all on that particular obstacle. It should hve been walked first and the better line just off to the right is obvious.

Ya, but crappiest to one person may be the 'most fun' to another. Kinda subjective. ;)

Sean

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

I remember that place :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think its all driver. I can get in that jeep and make it. I use to have a jeep back in the day. I got rid of it cause of the maintenance and issues of it being a chrysler product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts