Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
it would be a good idea to remove your antenna before going into a parking garage. Other option would be to get a steel whip it would hold up better. If someone complains about the noise .. tell them your a bumper car and that's your power source.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
The built in meters are ok, but not as accurate as an external meter.
That is what I had read, but my antenna wire has no extra play since I wired it from the headliner :rofl:

I need to get an extension and try again.

EDIT: I did buy an SWR meter when I bought the CB, and I know how to use it :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I'm going to conquer these electrical things even if it's the last thing I bzzzzzzzzzt

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I'm going to conquer these electrical things even if it's the last thing I bzzzzzzzzzt

Just make sure you always stay grounded! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
So does anyone else that has tuned their antenna noticed a difference in readings when you leave the doors open? I get different readings so I tuned mine with the doors closed. I thought that was normal but now I'm thinking its my 15 year old meter.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
So does anyone else that has tuned their antenna noticed a difference in readings when you leave the doors open? I get different readings so I tuned mine with the doors closed. I thought that was normal but now I'm thinking its my 15 year old meter.

You could see a slight difference and also changes with proximity of the antenna to buildings and other vehicles.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts