Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First 24 Hours - Likes/Dislikes/Questions

Took my '11 FJ Army Green on a 400 mile road trip the first day.

• People checking it out as they drive by
  • Comfortable seats
  • Drives nice down the highway
  • I can have a conversation at highway speeds without raising my voice

Dislikes:
  • Radio static on FM stations
  • Radio display in sunlight is awful
  • Cant drive with the window down
  • No illumination for door locks or pass windows at night (except driver Auto window button)
  • Cruise control not illuminated at night
  • No oil pressure gauge

Question:
Can I lock the rear window up so i can drive with my window down without causing a problem??

I have the rear camera, does that mean I cant use a spare tire cover. I thought Upgrade option #3 came with one, but mine didnt.

Overall impression: 2 thumbs up

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
As far as the radio goes....make sure the headlights are turned off and the radio display will be much brighter.

The blind spot in the FJ nearly killed me the other day.....i would suggest the small bubble mirrors for the bottom of the side mirrors.

I am pretty sure they make two types of spare covers, those for the rear camera and those without.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Why can't you drive with the windows down? There are very few (if any) cars that are designed to have more or less wind noise/entry to the vehicle. It would be nice if the FJ had rear windows that could open (not the back window) so that the air didn't run into your head but oh well. I only roll with the windows down if I'm driving under 40 for most of the trip.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Driving with the windows open is just like sticking your head out the window! Yes, you can keep the rear window open and reduce the wind blast effect with the dog leash mod, simple and effective.

Of course, you can get a set of FJ freedom windows too! Or do both!

I never had any static with my Fjammer, but do have some with my Rosen aftermarket deck. Kind of annoying to have that. I agree with your list, I am not sure why those items are not illuminated.

DOG LEASH MOD

Side windows that open

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
To keep wind down you need a set of window shades

And a clasp. It holds the rear window open a few inches and cuts interior wind to almost zero. Insert the closed side into the lock and clasp it onto the hoop on the window. Problem fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts