Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these from Toyota in my 2007. kinda weird since the FJ is some what oldish and its still got the original band aids

Reactions: Thorn661

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
it is amazing how long some of that stuff can last, if the original wrapping hasn't been opened

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,514 Posts
I found one of those tucked into the little compartment in the when I bought my FJ. I would check some of the bandaids and bandages though. I had a really nice comprehensive American Medical kit that I used when I was a trail gunner/leader in Moab and on Scout trips with my nephews. A couple of years ago I decided to go through it and the bandaids and bandages looked okay but I decided to open a few to make sure and some had no adhesive left, some just crumbled into small pieces, and some smelled bad. I replaced all of them and the creams and stuff and added new gloves and stuff so my kit was basically new again.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just a joke really. I would never rely on it. I have a far more professional kit. I take off road first aid fairly seriously.

·
Admin
7,329 Posts
Mine is still probably jammed into the jack compartment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting... I don't know what's in it but its probably pretty superficial and completely inadequate for anything beyond cuts. Does it even have a tourniquet?

·
Registered
43 Posts
No tourniquet. I'm not looking at it now but I remember that it has Band-Aids, gauze, tape, cleaning wipes,sting wipes, siccors, Ace bandage, stitching thread n needle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No tourniquet. I'm not looking at it now but I remember that it has Band-Aids, gauze, tape, cleaning wipes,sting wipes, siccors, Ace bandage, stitching thread n needle.
Hehe I realized after I replied that this is a pretty old thread. It's cool that it came with one... wouldn't be hard to supplement it with a few things and make it usable.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,514 Posts
It's not meant to be a full on kit for a doctor or anything. It's just a kit with a few bandages and stuff for little cuts and scrapes when out enjoying nature or from crashing a mountain bike or the kids falling down. It can also be used for city folk out hunting the wild tofu. I've seen similar kits called "Boo Boo Kits" or "Knuckle Buster Kits."

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not meant to be a full on kit for a doctor or anything. It's just a kit with a few bandages and stuff for little cuts and scrapes when out enjoying nature or from crashing a mountain bike or the kids falling down. It can also be used for city folk out hunting the wild tofu. I've seen similar kits called "Boo Boo Kits" or "Knuckle Buster Kits."
Yeah, I get that its not designed for field surgery or whatever... its pretty cool that they even made them. Like I said, you could add a few things (and maybe remove some stuff) and make it quite good.

I'm working on building a custom FAK for the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts