Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an ‘08 TT. Has a 6” lift. The lift is procomp but has Fabtec uppers with dirt logic coil overs on front and dirt logic shocks on back and not sure the coil but it’s not a coil over design. (Sorry, I’m new at all this) The rear has a 1.5” squat to it, or at least that’s what one of the off-road places measured it as but to me it looks more. 🏼 They said I would need a 1.5” coil spacer on the rear which is made by Daystar. Going to run apx $375 for parts and labor according to them. My question is, I plan to add a bumper and swing-outs on the rear for the tire and cans eventually so should I go with the spacer or since I’m spending money now and to keep from wasting it, is there something different I should put in the back? I read a forum in here where the guy said his bags were no longer working for him due to the weight so he went back with coils and spacers...
Please advise
Kevin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I’ll deliver the bad news. Generally speaking... The FJ needs major suspension rework if you go over a 3” lift. We are talking diff drop, extended front axles et al. If you want a reliable daily driver, go with <3” lift.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The lift used on your FJ required cutting out a section of the front structural cross member. With these 5.5 - 6 inch kits, there is no safe way to undue, return to stock or install a smaller lift. You are pretty much stuck with what you have. On a positive note, the Daystar 1.5 inch rear spring spacers can be purchased for around 50 bucks. Easy install that you can do yourself.

If you can find a part number printed on your rear springs you can research and determine the "spring rate" i.e. 600 or 650 lbs. If you are going to add weight to the rear of the vehicle it may be necessary to go with a heavier (Stronger) spring at which time you can purchase the correct length (Lift Height) and not use spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts