Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have been a Tacoma and 4runner owner for years. I sold my 2016 taco a few weeks ago.
My FJ is being delivered as we speak! I bought it from a dealership 4 hours away using a nationwide search like jimmy buffet said to do. I think I did good. 2012 iceberg white 4x4 with leather 84k miles completely stock. 1 owner clean carfax always serviced at the local Toyota dealership in west Texas.
Between all the pics and the salesman, it is near perfect other than 2 small scratches on the rear bumper. I can refuse it when it gets here if I don't approve. If I like it I will sign the paperwork. I ended up at $21,400. From all the searching I have done that's a smoking deal! Plus I don't have to go get it.

Now for the mods! first up will be some nice black wheels and all terrain tires. Any suggestions? On my Taco I was running an Icon lift and 265/75/16 Falcon Wild Peaks, I loved the look of the tire but I always had a little trouble getting them to balance at all speeds. I want to keep descent mpg's but would like a bit bigger tire than stock.??? It has 17" wheels on it. I have always liked 16"s better but ??? I know y'all have heard this a million times before, but cut me some slack. I know all these answers on taco's but not on the FJ's.

Next will probably be a lift. I'm not sure I want to spend the money on the Icons again. I was thinking mor along the lines of Bilstein or OME Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

Show us a picture when you get one!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Welcome! I'm thinking 285's will fit without too much fuss.

At the end of the year I'm planning on a lift; going with OME because I want my suspension to match my bumpers. Is that a better reason than I like emu's? Just keeping it all Aussie.....

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
16,566 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hi ELKAHOLIC, welcome from central Ohio!
Always good to hear a successful acquisition story

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here it is! Very happy with it. The leather interior is a huge plus!
A 'blank canvas' - have fun with your mods and upgrades! You mentioned something about decent gas mileage and tires in your original post. If you are getting "decent gas mileage" in your FJ - PLEASE let me know how... :wink At any rate, welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A 'blank canvas' - have fun with your mods and upgrades! You mentioned something about decent gas mileage and tires in your original post. If you are getting "decent gas mileage" in your FJ - PLEASE let me know how... :wink At any rate, welcome!
Well I've gone through 2 tanks. Getting a hair over 20mps so far!

·
トヨタ Master
7,592 Posts
You had me at Elk. Welcome to the forum!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Welcome from DC!

·
Admin
7,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts