Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice looking forum. I hope it does well.

I am a big fan of this new FJ and I am close to calling my local dealer for details and to put me on the list.

I have looked over the truck on the Toyota site and most of my questions have been answered.

My only reservation is buying a first year run of a new model and paying MSRP.

Does everyone really think demand will be that high where dealers will be asking MSRP or higher?

Anyone know if any interior color choices will be offered other than gray? (YUCK)

thanks and signed,

15+ years Toyota owner

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am sure that dealers would like to get MARKET VALUE as opposed to MSRP. I think it will depend upon how close the final prices are to the H3. Soccor moms have the potential of driving the market value up if the percieve the vehicle fits their needs. The H3 is selling well has four real doors and gets better has mileage. Plus it looks like the seating in the rear is a little better on the H3.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!!

To your questions:

Does everyone really think demand will be that high where dealers will be asking MSRP or higher?
At launch expect to pay MSRP at a minimum. Some dealers will charge over MSRP and will call this "Market Price". I am of the opinion that if a dealer does this then they are willing to stick it to the customer given the chance and will continue to do so well after you have bought your truck from them. (Service, maint, etc...)

If any of the Toyotas you have owned were purchased new, I would start by contacting the dealer you bought from, assuming that you were happy with them. There are endless posts about what to ask for so use the search function and feel free to post with any questions. (No Higher then MSRP, Refundable deposit, no add-ons, etc...)

In time the demand for this truck will die down and getting one for below MSRP will be common. It really comes down to how long you can wait.

Anyone know if any interior color choices will be offered other than gray? (YUCK)
To paraphrase Henry Ford: "You can have it in any color you want, as long as that color is grey"

In time Toyota may offer different colors, maybe as part of their Special Edition. At launch and for a time after expect only grey.

Good luck with your search and let us know if you have any questions.

-Granger

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think GM/Hummer builds garbage so the H3 is not even a consideration for me. An H1 would be cool though. :eek: :p

I hope all the soccor moms stay away. I think they will as its to "good looking ugly" for that croud. :D :D My wife is a Toyota mini-van soccor mom and this is how she voices her thoughts on this truck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
granger said:
Hello and welcome!!!!

If any of the Toyotas you have owned were purchased new, I would start by contacting the dealer you bought from, assuming that you were happy with them.
In time the demand for this truck will die down and getting one for below MSRP will be common. It really comes down to how long you can wait.

-Granger
I have a local dealer I use often. I have purchased 5 new Toyota's from them and I would hope they take care of me.

It's a catch 22. Get one now, pay the little extra and enjoy it or suffer with waiting until they come out with some better "goodies" and pay a bit less.

I might wait for an all black or "army green" version with black or tan interior. (at or near invoice) ;)

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 12 months.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
TCT said:
I might wait for an all black or "army green" version with black or tan interior. (at or near invoice) ;)
im going to go ahead and wait for the primer grey version.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked with my dealer and they told me they have little to no information on the truck. (typical) This is the #1 Toyota dealer in the area too. (I live in Cincinnati)

The general manager said they will get maybe 2-3 a month. He said a few people have asked questions, had little to no interest and NO deposits have been taken.

My sales person also said once the info becomes available, I could order one and he would give me good deal.

The phone call was not what I expected.

The sales guy did say "look for a new Tundra in 2008."

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Honestly, if they are not seeing the hype maybe you can get one for less then MSRP. Most of the dealers in my area have 5+ people on their list. Good luck!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts