Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the FJ in the woods for the first time. Some dandy rubs and scratches on the paint. The trail gear rock rails were worth the $, not so much for rocks in my part of the country but logs across the trail, stumps, trees...

I can already see that that front bumper will have to go, I'll wait till I tear it up though. Tried to jump a Black Oak log (they last longer on the ground than in it) it rolled and the snag of the roots hit the front and the log began to push, when I tried to back off the stump hung under the plastic, bowed it a little. You can see it on the left

But hey, I bought it to work from, it's gonna get bent, just a question of when. Anyone else work out of their FJ? I'm a land surveyor, we do a lot of large rural tracts.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
If I haven't previously said it, welcome to the forum and congrats on your FJ!

Sweet set up! :rocker:

Please post your mods as you do them!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the trail pinstripe community. Once you get a couple it somehow does not seem to matter any more. Enjoy your ride :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

As far as the free pinstriping, it happens. I just hate how it sounds as it's happening :) Most of the time a good coat of wax and a few hours and she'll be good as new.

Happy Off-Roading ..

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
keep a nice coat of polish on your rig... but it's gonna happen, those darn pinstripe... our were provided by Moab

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Wife: You have scratches all over your new FJ.

Me: That darned manzanita.

Wife: But it's new. You went insane with the smallest scratch on your Acura TL and you don't seem to mind these scratches?

Me: It'll buff right out.

Wife: You need to get those scratches fixed.

Me: In time.

Wife: I don't understand you.

Me: I know.:lol:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Registered
670 Posts
The first few scratches and dents are somewhat painful. After that... it's all good:lol:
That is a sweet storage setup of you've built. Nice Job and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Welcome to the list. Yep the first one hurts.... but only for a minute.
:rocker:

BirdMan

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Silver is a easy color to remove scratches.You could buff them out or leave them.Adds character to the FJC.Leave a couple good ones on.:lol::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Ive got a decent bit of striping on mine already and its only 2 months old. only a few scratches didnt come out when waxing, but they were the deep ones. What hurt was the dents, but those are fixed. The striping doesnt really bother me but my family is giving me crap about it on a new $28k truck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive got a decent bit of striping on mine already and its only 2 months old. only a few scratches didnt come out when waxing, but they were the deep ones. What hurt was the dents, but those are fixed. The striping doesnt really bother me but my family is giving me crap about it on a new $28k truck.
HAHA. Your not alone dude.

It's not that I go out of my way to get stripping, but I don't let it phase me. Everybody else thinks I'm not treating it like a new car. I'm ok with it though, I bought it as a DD, and to have fun with :) I think the scratches/stripes add character:bigthumb:

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
I know a Schondstat (sp?) when I see it! I'm in the Civil Engineering field and I'm glad to see a surveyor in an FJ, the FJ will take care of you guys so you can take care the RPLS's and Engineers by trodding through the snakes and bees and mosquitos in 95°F+ weather.

A scratch or two on a Ti will just add character, use it and enjoy it, its a Toyota!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first battle scars!!!!:rocker::cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice to see such a nice setup to survey out of. I am a land surveyor in Vermont, but I only use the rig for field work when the survey truck is out with the other crew.
The truck really turns some heads!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts