Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Went to look at some fj cruisers on the weekend and seen a couple that I liked but one stood out me , its 29k with 78k miles , I provided the link to the listing and hoping to get a advice , thanks in advance.
Javier, welcome to FJ Cruiser Forums! As a first suggestion, let me recommend the buy/sell guide:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/introductions-new-arrivals/663274-jimmy-buffetts-complete-guide-buying-selling-fj-cruiser.html

Using the suggestions in this ^^^ guide I was able to identify 11 black 4x4 FJ's under $28K / 76K miles. If you aren't picky on black, there are 39 of all colors available (11 black, 2 blue, 1 brown, 6 green, 2 orange, 3 silver etc).

The best deal of the group I found was this one in Spokane, Washington.

With haggling you could easily get that truck under $24K. One thing to note, make sure it has the rear locking differential (RR DIFF LOCK) and ATRAC buttons. They may be on the overhead panel, the pictures don't show either one close enough to confirm.

The market for FJ's is national, fly to the best one and drive it home :) but I would hurry, well priced FJ's sell quick. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

What he ^^^ said. Can't make out the buttons on the middle lower panel. No picture of the overhead..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like a nice rig! Black is pretty, but hard to take care of. If you have never owned a black vehicle, you might want to think a little bit. Scratches, dirt, bird droppings all show the most on black. But when cleaned up, black is ultimate!

As far as condition, look underneath for rust issues. As new as it is, I would expect to see no rust problems. If it's crusty underneath, find another with less rust they are out there.

Ditto on the other colors....

Ditto on the diff lock and A Track....

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Wow $530 @72 payments=$38,160 You might look for other financing or negotiate better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow $530 @72 payments=$38,160 You might look for other financing or negotiate better.
yeah dont have great credit and taxes stacked up, the other similar vehicle would come out to be 36,800. the only difference between the 2 were the most expensive had Crawl Control other than that they were identical.

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
Honestly.....take care of your finances first.

While FJ's are fun, safe and generally great vehicles to own they have a tendency to draw the mod bug out of people. If you are a member here the affliction is that much worse.

Mods cost money even more if your mechanical aptitude is low.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Went to look at some fj cruisers on the weekend and seen a couple that I liked but one stood out me , its 29k with 78k miles , I provided the link to the listing and hoping to get a advice , thanks in advance.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/JTEBU4BF4EK185876
Put the VIN from the add in here:
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification

I do not see locking differential or ATRAC listed, so I doubt it has these features. The last picture confirms no overhead crawl control. But it is still a nice truck and worth being on a short list.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Put the VIN from the add in here:
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification

I do not see locking differential or ATRAC listed, so I doubt it has these features. The last picture confirms no overhead crawl control. But it is still a nice truck and worth being on a short list.
Good eye on that last photo! If no ATRAC / Locker then I'd skip this one...

Edit: good catch by @TexasFJ, with no crawl control the switches are still at the bottom. It *does* have ATRAC and the rear locker.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I'm going to jump in here and say that, to me, it looks like it's got the VSC, Diff Loc and Atrac buttons. Looking at picture #16 the dealer has up, the buttons look like the same configuration of buttons I've got.
And speaking as someone who had a black Mitsubishi Montero ('86) and a Hyundai Sonata ('13), I can attest to how hot black gets in the summer and how every little scratch shows up like a neon sign in a ghost town. That being said, the white top will help with reducing the heat gain.

I can also attest to getting a Cruiser really brings out the wants disease.
"Ooooooo, that's cool. I want that!"
"OOOOOO, that's cooler! I WANT that!!"

Before I forget: Make sure the master key/fob works. Toyota charges an arm, leg and most of a torso to make another master. Mine cost almost $500 to make and pair with the FJ. On the flip side, don't worry if the back up camera doesn't work. That's a simple fix to solder in a working camera. I'd still use it as a bargaining tool; over $400 for the Toyota part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts