Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, pulled the trigger on 2010 FJ with 133k miles for $15k.

I don't know where start, but I'm beyond impressed on how the FJ ride on bumpy road and Highway.

Wind noise running around 80mph is not bad at all compare to 2019 WRX that I’ve test drive few weeks ago.

Handling and suspension is pretty close to 2017 Tacoma TRD pro.
Only difference is Tacoma is quieter, smoother and has a bunch of new technology in it.

I couldn’t Imagine how much better FJ is with proper Mod.

Only negative that I can say about my purchase is surface rust thats need some TLC before cold weather hits (perks of living in NE)

This FJ only had 1 previous owner,
The main frame looks solid and been treated.
Most of the rust is located on the back part of the FJ(picture below)

One of the rear break line is pretty close on rotting out (picture below) and the line for power steering might need to be replace soon because of surface rust.

I’ve mention all of that to the dealer and they cut the price down for a little bit.
My mechanic (truck guy with mod bug)
also took a peak of it and he says that its still pretty solid just keep in mind to change all the fluids and keep up with the surface rust before its too late.

Overall Im happy with my purchase and also excited to do most of the maintenance work to keep up with it!

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congrats on ownership Mainerfj!
Army Green is great looking color.
Good luck on treating the rust.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Regarding dealing with rust:
I lucked out, one of my friends has an automotive shop.
Racks and air tools make prep'ing easier. Then spray paint/anti-seize/film as best I can.

Maybe you can work a deal with your mechanic; pizza can get you a lot of assistance.
Second on the a good change of fluids. I did the same thing when I got mine, because it can't hurt and who know how the previous owner drove it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the market for my first FJ. I haven't seen any local one's with this color. Too bad cause it looks great. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys, when I get some free time. I will definitely dig in this forum on how to do things properly.

·
Admin
7,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
:cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, I bought them a 12 pack and they didn’t charge me for the check up!
Regarding dealing with rust:
I lucked out, one of my friends has an automotive shop.
Racks and air tools make prep'ing easier. Then spray paint/anti-seize/film as best I can.

Maybe you can work a deal with your mechanic; pizza can get you a lot of assistance.
Second on the a good change of fluids. I did the same thing when I got mine, because it can't hurt and who know how the previous owner drove it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I will probably need some skid(under front bumper)
sometime soon since the oem one is rotted.
Maybe some step ladder since wifey and I are on the short side.

Welcome to the community! Great to have another FJ owner here, congrats on your purchase. Lots of know legible and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know how I got by before without this many lights! :lol:
One nice thing on the FJ is the harnesses have the necessary wiring and connectors already. Just add Lights, Wiring kit (lights to harness), Switch, Wiring kit (switch to harness) and elbow grease.
Third party lights come with their own wiring and switch, but I used the Toyota kits to connect to my driving lights - the bumper lights are PIAAs. The roof dam and lights are Toyota.
Just give a shout when you are ready to mod :grin
Thank you! When time comes, would love to do the same lighting as your FJ.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Welcome Congrats and the Green Ones are the best smelling.

·
Premium Member
16,566 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts