Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend wanted to go wheeling with me. I had never been out on a trail before, so we went to a local trail. It turned out to be a pretty challenging trail! I ended up having my other buddy who rode with me drive a lot of it, as it was very intimidating! I saw the inclinometer hit 30 a few times, and beyond! Scray stuff on a small trail with nothing but drop on the left and right sides.

Anyway, here are some pics of my FJ. (sorry, cell phone pics, none of us had a camera, DOH!) I just put on 17" Procomp wheels and ProComp Xtreme Mudterrain tires (stock size, and the spare is a BFG allterrain) that I picked up from the forums' classifieds! Got my Tundra black handles on as well. Gonna do the complete black out this week!

FJ when clean:

Two wheel motion!

That rear wheel needs to be down on the ground!

Going up a steep hill. Almost couldn't make it as the tires were spinning on the smooth rocks, but it eventually made it up.

Zoomed in from afar

Uh oh, having a little bit of trouble going up!

Time to come back down!

Let's go right because left is no bueno!

Leading the way for an inferior product.. lol jk :rofl: That Jeep is pretty crazy!

Flexing the muscles...

The duo:

FJ showing off..

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Nice flex shots godfather. Looks like you are taking the blackout look one bit at a time as well. (with just that black handles) haha.

I had black handles and silver mirrors for about 2-3 months. Everytime i looked at it i just thought it looked so weird on my FJ.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice flex shots godfather. Looks like you are taking the blackout look one bit at a time as well. (with just that black handles) haha.

I had black handles and silver mirrors for about 2-3 months. Everytime i looked at it i just thought it looked so weird on my FJ.
hah yeah, installing the handles was easy, actually taking off the bumpers and painting is another story. I was hoping to do it this week, but I love how the FJ looks when it's dirty, so I don't wanna wash it to get the painting going lol. What a dilemma!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
hah yeah, installing the handles was easy, actually taking off the bumpers and painting is another story. I was hoping to do it this week, but I love how the FJ looks when it's dirty, so I don't wanna wash it to get the painting going lol. What a dilemma!
All i have to say is black shows dirt MORE!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then I'll clean it, paint it, and dirty it up!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sweet pics!!!:rocker: The wheels and tires look great!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was at the Pozo/La Panza OHV area.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
??? never heard of it, where is that??

Off highway 58 in Santa Margarita in San Luis Obispo County, north of San Luis Obispo.

Here's a good picture to kinda show you how it was all around. The drop offs on the side looked scarier in person though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts