Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Please note, I am wearing flameproof clothing) :flame:

- What is a good price on a skid plate, buying suggestion, and how hard is it to install?

- I think the radio unit is pretty good (has satellite). But is there a built-in nav unit that will give me satellite, bluetooth, and nav all together? What are the recommendations here?

- Why don't they allow me to advance sat radio stations with the steering wheel control? That's annoying.

- Recommendation for a rear bike rack, once I get a hitch installed?

I've searched on the roof rack question (and trailers). Looks like I will either get the mako aero saddle/hullyroller combo OR the hullivator that comes down on the side. I have to first get the yakima grips and round crossbars installed from my old volvo wagon setup. The factory crossbars appear to be useless on every toyota unless you're just putting on a soft bag carrier or a few foam blocks and a larger object to be tied down by several ropes.

Longer term, I will be looking at customizing a cheap trailer to meet several needs.

Love my FJ.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
There several good double din HU's that will give you ALL the options your looking for, ie. nav/xm/sirus/bluetooth/dvd/ipod etc... Personally I have a kenwood dnx7160 and love it!l
and the steering wheel controls work well with the kenwood.

Several good skid set options available through the vendors on the site.... again, personally I went with ricochet's full skid set and again, love it!! Although not hard to install having two people doing it is the difference between a 2 hour install and, well, a whole lot longer. lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Check out the Thule 916XT T2... It's a killer hitch rack that's heavy-duty and very easy to use.

·
Registered
252 Posts
+1 on Ricochet skids. Wasn't hard to install but getting the car above normal height will make things easier. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts