Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I did a search for fishing pole racks and found a few things but the responses were kind of old. I wanted to see if there were any new ideas. Pretty much if you have a pole rack I want to know how you did it. Parts used would be appreciated as well as pics. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing. Going fishing next weekend and this would help me also.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I picked up a Thule Castaway a few years back on sale for about $80 ea. I like the fact that they lock around the reel. I don't have to worry about someone making off with my gear. As a cheap solution I used to use thule snowboard racks that I picked up off ebay for about $25. They still lock, but someone with enough time could unscrew your reels off of the pole. Plus if you snowboard/ski you would really get your money out of them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Suction cup "gun" racks worked on my F-150 for poles! I haven tried it on the FJ.

Without actually trying it, I think there may not be enough window space in the correct angles...but I'll try and let you know.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Not sure I'd want my gear on the outside of my rig while driving down the highway, BUT that is a neat idea and a great commercial!
x2 on the gear being outside concern, but I used to run a front receiver hitch pole carrier years ago and never had any problems. This is very cool, but I do like their inside mount simply because you can lock the doors and walk away.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I have a Quick Fist mounted in place of the passenger rear coat hook and a piece of velcro that sticks to the headliner near the passenger grab bar. But it depends on how long your rod is. (hold the comments)

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
... But it depends on how long your rod is. (hold the comments)
Never-mind then...

Seriously though, do you have pics? Not of your rod, just the holder in action!

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
hahaha/\

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
what is that a map light on the pillar in the second pic

1 - 20 of 27 Posts