Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some new tires and have them shipped to the boarder. Then just popping down to pick them up to save on shipping. But I would hate to drive down and then not be able fit them inside. Looking at some 285/70/17

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I've loaded 5 285/70/17 with the rims inside my FJ. Should be fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put the stock tires inside no problem. It will fit five wide if you lay the back seats down. Being a little wider you can easily do 4 wide and then use the 5th laid down in the cargo area to help stop the roll around. I used blankets so as to not rub the headliner or scuff anything.

Good luck, bottom line. YES.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
285's should just fit but use blankets/ tarps unless you like a scuffed up headliner. Just get creative with layout

For reference in the event you decide to go with 35" tires :lol:

3 will fit... The other two on the roof rack :rofl:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Maybe tighten them down with tie downs to eliminate any movement , you can also strap one outside on to the spare using tie downs

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've fit four 35" inch tires inside. I removed the lower seat cushions for extra room. I mounted the 5th tire on the tire carrier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you mind explaining how you did this? I’m picking up 4 wheels and 33” tires tomorrow and didn’t think about how to “tetris” it inside the fj.

Last time I think I did this, I placed 3 vertically side by side, and 1 more perpendicular between the tires and my seat. Does that make sense?
I've loaded 5 285/70/17 with the rims inside my FJ. Should be fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
You’ll have no problem if you fold down the back seat and crank both front seats as far forward as possible - I’ve transproted all my 35s several times. Could not get pics to post :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
x2 on removing the rear seat bottom cushions before you go, to give a few extra inches of room for folding down their seat backs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts