Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rear-ended by this little chevy. $7500 damage to the chevy, $500 to the FJ. The insurance company sent me to the, believe it or not, local chevy dealer since our Toyota dealer doesn't have a body shop. Being in a small town helped in this situation, knowing the boys at the dealership, I picked up all the parts so I can do this myself. I did a search of the forum and checked the repair manual that we all downloaded last year, or was that two years ago? Anyway, I found nothing about body work in the manual and I'd like at least a picture or two before I start. I have the bumper, that center black piece, which btw is one piece with the black parts above each silver box on either side, two brackets, two backup sensors, the silver piece that's missing in the picture, the impact obsorber, reflectors and a desire to do this myself. Anybody know where I can find some info on the procedure? I be thankin' ya. Rog

Attachments

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Pm me your email address and I'll send you the pdf's

jason
Hey redthunder,

Can you post the .pdf files to a place we can all get to them and include a link to them? I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to have these docs.

Thanks!

Mike

CarolinaFJ, good luck. Prob a bunch of forum members on here that are in your neck of the woods and can help you out. It's really pretty easy.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jason. I appreciate the copies. I have no problem tackling this as is, but it's always better to have a map to see beyond the curve to see what's holding that piece on. Again, thanks for another example of what makes this forum invaluable. Rog

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
FJ Wins again!!!:rocker: I guess that's another excuse to get a new bumper and swing out tire carrier.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
"Like a Rock" (the FJ that is :lol:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune. Glad you made it out better than the chevy. Looks like it's time for a new aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
yup agreed with everyone else this is an excuse to get a nice new rear bumper for free!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Looks like he went under your bumper. Held up pretty good though

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hey redthunder,

Can you post the .pdf files to a place we can all get to them and include a link to them? I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to have these docs.

Thanks!

Mike

CarolinaFJ, good luck. Prob a bunch of forum members on here that are in your neck of the woods and can help you out. It's really pretty easy.

Cheers
Clicky Here:Toyota FJ Cruiser: Resources & Documentation Archive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts