Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Dubai. I have a 2014 model FJ which doesn't have Atrac or Crawl control. I was wondering whether this can be added. I read in some discussions that the ECU come equipped with these functions for the 2014 model and this can be activated easily. Thanks in advance.

·
4-Corners Moderator
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Special Edition
5,485 Posts
A member her researched this in detail and decided no it is not possible to add Crawl due to ECU settings.
Are you talking about the member with the 2012 FJ that tried adding CRAWL control? I know in that case it indeed wasn't possible since the 2012s weren't designed or programmed for it, but perhaps that isn't the case with 2013+ models that had the option of coming with CRAWL Control. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm from Dubai. I have a 2014 model FJ which doesn't have Atrac or Crawl control. I was wondering whether this can be added.
For North American models, FJ's with a rear locking differential could add ATRAC (if missing) by just installing the ATRAC button. There are a number of threads on the forum about this. All manual tranmission FJs had a locking rear differential, but not all automatic transmission models.

Note that, at least for the NA models, CRAWL control only was available on automatic transmission models. If you have a manual transmission FJ, then CRAWL was never offered at all so the chance of getting it working is even less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts