Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with my son to a place where they all go 4 wheelin just about every weekend, since there aren't many places to take th FJ locally. No hills that I found yet. Lots of water and mud to play in, tons of trails to explore.
The area is off of exit 143, I-75. I can put the GPS corrordinates here later. Maybe some of you have been there already. There were trucks, and every other mud buggy there by the hundreds. Tons of cycles and 4 wheelers also. Take a look at the 250+ pics at the link below and maybe we can get a group together to do a trail run there. copy and paste below,

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWbVm4bNGhD

I also have some videos, but not sure where I can upload them to to share with all...?????

he did ok until......

NOW!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Mud wrestling was also included during the day.

It takes all kinds!

Don't they charge BIG dollars for mud baths at the local spa's?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They told me at the dealer that this thing floats!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a blast BUT! it took me a couple of hours with my presurewasher in the driveway after going through one of those drive thru touchless car washes, twice, to get 98% of the dirt/sand off of my FJ. I think I raised the elevation of my front yard a couple of inches with all of the sand that washed off in the driveway. I'm going to the local full fledged car wash tomorrow to get a total, shiney wash. Unless it's gonna rain.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course when I was in deeper mud I also had the camera so not any really good videos of it.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using a Canon I3S3 camera, set at it's lowest resolution for max # of pics on my 2gig card. I usually shoot 300 to 500 pics when out on a run, be it on my seadoo jetski or in the FJ. As long as there's something to shoot.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great pics TJ. I've never seen rigs like those up on platforms.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pics TJ. I've never seen rigs like those up on platforms.
I never saw anything like them until I moved to Florida. There swamp buggies, they even race them down here!

I guess they don't want the gattors biting :scared: their toes as they play in the swamps.

Here is another video of the days action.
More mud fun, Ft Myers, FL - Google Video

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actualy those swamp buggies are quite a bit differant than the ones they race, those basiucly are for hunting its hard to see over the palmettos that basicly cover ALL the ground so they have high platforms to see what they are hunting for... that whole area looks like the Yucapan or "The Pan" as the local necks call it..LOL looks like you had some fun TJ

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had a blast!!!! Can't wait to go back. Now if I could only talk my wife into washing my FJ when I get home, then life would be perfect!

·
Registered
729 Posts
did you clean under the truck..... theres gona be like 300 pounds of dirt under there lol
LOL!! Atleast 20 lbs. of mud in the fenders...After my first mudding experience in mud bogs like you posted up...I went home and cleaned out almost 30lbs. of mud from the skids, wheels, and inside all those damn fender flares...:flame:

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cleaned everything. Even put it up on ramps to get under it with the powerwasher.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Actualy those swamp buggies are quite a bit differant than the ones they race, those basiucly are for hunting its hard to see over the palmettos that basicly cover ALL the ground so they have high platforms to see what they are hunting for... that whole area looks like the Yucapan or "The Pan" as the local necks call it..LOL looks like you had some fun TJ
all the swamp buggies ive seen in Louisiana have tracks like a dozer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts