Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Pay $15 for a two day subscription with Toyota's TIS website and you can download all of the TSBs you desire.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page&SMENC=ISO-8859-1&SMLOCALE=US-EN&SMAUTHREASON=0&SMAGENTNAME=%24SM%24mT%252bGLraBu9CwUVnZg4mEDzB2kysT90hgbwsWgdZzNOc%253d&TARGET=%24SM%24https%3A%2F%2Ftechinfo.toyota.com%2F

I would also like to state that TSBs are released by manufacturers to help dealer service departments diagnose and repair known issues. They are not for the consumer per se. If you find a TSB that pertains to a issue you have don't go into the service department with a sense of entitlement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
thank you so much for the update. I can't wait to get mine back as well. It has been in the shop for a couple of days now.

^ Spoke with Toyota today - they are now almost 30 hours of labor on the books and still not done with the job.

I won't be getting the vehicle back tonight, but am hoping I will get it back tomorrow.

Service manager states the job is billed at 4.5 hours of labor and should take "at least" ten. I am increasingly skeptical as to why they are over 30 hours on my vehicle.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I don't but I did do the two day subscription when I had my Tacoma and downloaded all of the TSBs for my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I hear ya I'm down to pay $15 to get the info for a weekend project, etc but not just to grab a PDF. lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I just got a call from the dealership. Will be able to pick it up this evening.

Their comments are that this was a learning process for them - in the way that the TSB instructions for the technicians just aren't very useful. It sounds like they took their time in order to get everything right, and be able to try out a couple of different methods to find the best way possible.

I will report back this evening - I have a 30-45 min drive to get home which includes plenty of freeway time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
great to hear!! I got a call for mine too....will be picking mine up tomorrow. Keep us posted after you drove it....whether it still shakes or not. I will do the same.. :clap:

I just got a call from the dealership. Will be able to pick it up this evening.

Their comments are that this was a learning process for them - in the way that the TSB instructions for the technicians just aren't very useful. It sounds like they took their time in order to get everything right, and be able to try out a couple of different methods to find the best way possible.

I will report back this evening - I have a 30-45 min drive to get home which includes plenty of freeway time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok we're all gonna be waiting to hear if it's fixed. Fingers crossed impatiently

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I updated the front page.

The vibration is gone, and road feedback/steering response feels improved at all speeds. :rocker:

*NOTE* The steering response and road feedback may also have to do with them replacing the power steering fluid; if its not exactly what they used at the factory, but the spring swap definitely fixed the shimmy.

I hope that this thread ends up helping some people out in getting their FJ's dialed in.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
So Why isn't Toyota having us come in to check the pre-load torque and determining if they need to service the rack to replace the spring? You sohuld not have to pull the rack to check the torque rating!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm really happy for you Pra4sno! Good job!

Was wondering what the tire specs are you are running. In your 1st post you said you put an AT on it as soon as you bought it. BFG ATs 265s?

·
Registered
74 Posts
i still have alittle shake left at 55-65. left it at the dealer to correct. overall, i am very happy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
good to hear that some people are getting there FJ's fixed but are all 2010 through 2013 eligible or only certain VIN numbers . Does anybody have a copy of the TBS bulletin I'm interested to see what it says.

·
Registered
320 Posts
good to hear that some people are getting there FJ's fixed but are all 2010 through 2013 eligible or only certain VIN numbers . Does anybody have a copy of the TBS bulletin I'm interested to see what it says.
Yea, that's the next big question I believe everyone is going to be asking and wondering about formsetter, that is, "Will they do this for me?" For example, what if a person isn't running the stock sized tire? (I suspect a few of us here aren't).:mecry:

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
41 - 60 of 248 Posts