Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal for the fj to be a little shaky when the transmission is in neutral or parK?? and is it normal for the 4wd gear to be a little tough to use when its sitting still-i was trying to go from h4 to h2 and it wouldnt let me do it till i was moving and sometimes it wont really even budge.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
is it normal for the fj to be a little shaky when the transmission is in neutral or parK?? and is it normal for the 4wd gear to be a little tough to use when its sitting still-i was trying to go from h4 to h2 and it wouldnt let me do it till i was moving and sometimes it wont really even budge.
Mine is not shaky in neutral. I don't know what that could be.

You need to be rolling and in drive to shift smoothly from H2->H4. (but below 45mph) Sometimes mine takes a second to shift. To Shift to LO4, be in Neutral, and sometimes it helps to be slightly rolling (less than 5mph) and shift swiftly. If you shift slowly, you will hear a nasty grinding noise.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Manual or auto??

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mine is fairly smooth. You do need to give it some effort, but never felt like I need to force it. The 4wd stick will shake (vibrate)-that's just normal

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Dur dur dur :rofl: mg davis first post and shoots me down:fight::flame::lol: damn newbies!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts