Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

me and a buddy went out to this place in az called Pinal to do a little prerunning in my FJ. Started out well but then hit some larger bumps while turning and noticed my FJ was pulling left and the steering wheel was not straight. believe it happened hitting one large bump on right side. Upon getting back to pavement i put it back into 2wd but have 3 lights on. VSC VSC TRAC and Trac (?) i believe and they wont go off. I understand i may have tweaked a spindle but nobody mentioned anything about lights in the dash. i will post a picture of the front later on this evening. in the mean time does anyone have a link to OEM spindles or aftermarket ones compatible with 4x4's?

also, the right front seems to be what was tweaked but the truck is pulling left.

thank you everyone.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
It does sound like the spindle. Maybe at the time of impact, you were turned slightly left thus the pull to the left? The lights do come on in situations like this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe i was turning left and the front ride went down into a bump.... any idea on prices for the oem ones?

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
check the wrecking yards for a spindle and you'll save a bunch. Also look into Total Chaos Spindle Gussets if you want to avoid the problem in the future. Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
i believe i was turning left and the front ride went down into a bump.... any idea on prices for the oem ones?
PM sent
I have somewhat of a hook up locally

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
try alignment first, could of just knocked your lower a arm radius out of whack. It happened to me last year at sedona fest, then next run I knocked it back straight again. nothing was bent and the lights went off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im trying the alignment first. i will be doing the work my self to repair whatever is needed and will look at ordering the gussets since i have a welder and all necessary tools. as far as those gussets its a little unclear if they will work for a 4x4 FJ and i understand that the front sway bar wont be used right?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
im trying the alignment first. i will be doing the work my self to repair whatever is needed and will look at ordering the gussets since i have a welder and all necessary tools. as far as those gussets its a little unclear if they will work for a 4x4 FJ and i understand that the front sway bar wont be used right?
I read recently in one of the posts here that the new gussets that they offer do allow the attaching of the front sway bar.

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
Total Chaos has a newer version of the spindle gussets that work with the front sway bar. more details here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after alignment it was confirmed that the spindle is bent on the right front side slightly. they did a nice job making adjustments to make it and the wheel straight now. no more lights which was a relief... ordering a replacement and welding on the gussets... next question is, what is the next weak link if im going to be running my set up which is just a stock suspension set up plus toytec 3 inch spacer lift with larger tires? if i want to go next level what are my options? also for those who have dealt with spindle issues what all is involved with the removal and replacement of these pieces? any specialty tools required such as a spring compressor etc...?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Everything was in that thread...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts