Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It drives really smooth - I took it to the mountains and stayed in 4th most of the way.

The only thing you need to do is get an aftermarket brake control. The FJ is not setup for trailer braking. I have not added it yet and still no problems.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ohh, Envy:cool:
I'd love to tow a Bambi behind my FJ what do you have?
Right now I have 2004 [email protected] that I tow (Teardrop shaped European micro light ){ assembled by Thor here also and based on a 50's Airstream}but can't seem to find any photos at the moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 1967 Airstream Safari 22'. This is pre-restoration. We are taking it out this weekend and Tuesday it goes in for a complete restoration.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Looks like a blast... how much does it weigh?

And I cant wait for you to report your gas milage.... :)
(manual tranny?)

·
Registered
390 Posts
That is WWAAAAAY COOL!! :cool: :cool:

How cool would it be if you had a SILVER FJC and had one of those to tow around?! Swweeeet!!

I am going to have to go research how much cake it takes to get me one of those! I am sure I am going to have heart failure.:p

More pics please! :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's my half A55 attempt of a photoshop. (actually i used paintbrush) hahaha but someone care to do a better version? anyone? someone with more photoshop experience perhaps?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
DrCash said:
show us some pics when you get that airstream restored.very good combination.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Here's my half A55 attempt of a photoshop. (actually i used paintbrush) hahaha but someone care to do a better version? anyone? someone with more photoshop experience perhaps?
I know this is a old thread - any updates? I'm looking @ 16 & 19' Bambi trailers to tow behind my FJ

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Voodoo Blue goes very well with the Air Stream. Let us know of an after-market trailer brake set up for the FJ. Was disappointed that toyota didn't have the FJ pre installed with electeric brakes. Grrrreat pic. Love that Voodoo blue.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Here is a reply from Airstream Tech in reponce to towing the 19' Bambi with a FJC:

I’m showing the GVWR of the 19’ is 4500# which sounds like your OK. The hitch weight without options or variable weight on the International shows 510# and on the Safari at 480# which sounds like it’s marginal. I believe this is a question Toyota will have to answer. We recommend 15% above what is needed.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Ohh, Envy:cool:
I'd love to tow a Bambi behind my FJ what do you have?
Right now I have 2004 [email protected] that I tow (Teardrop shaped European micro light ){ assembled by Thor here also and based on a 50's Airstream}but can't seem to find any photos at the moment.
Here's a photo of the [email protected]:

[email protected]: Welcome!

Might be a better camper for towing with the FJ at under 2K lbs., especially if you have a Sun Fusion to go with it. They also have a silver for you TitS guys. No luck for us Voodoos or the Blacks or Bordeauxs:(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts