Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a month old used 2010 FJ Cruiser from my local dealer with only 850 miles on it. The problem is that the dealer did not have the original window sticker.

Is there a way to find out what options/features are on my FJ?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I imaging that any Toyota dealership could look up the VIN in their computer and see how it was setup at the point of sale. Or any knowledgable FJ owner could look at it and say what it has options-wise. Regardless, enjoy your new ride!:bigthumb:

ANd keep the shiney side up on that GSXR:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
The dealer can look it up as what was point of sales equiped. They should be able to tell you what was on it at delivery to the dealler and what was installed by the dealer after it was recieved.
You can go to a few sites and do a VIN search and get what was standard and Optinal for the year made.. to determine anything you have..
LOL Mine was simple.. It came with floor mats, Back up sensor, diff lock, and cargo net....thats it.....if it wasnt standard factory equip... I didnt get it!

·
Premium Member
12,952 Posts
No window sticker? No option list? Nothing on the bill of sale?
Your dealer would have to know what they sold you otherwise how would they have known a sales price? Crap shoot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No window sticker? No option list? Nothing on the bill of sale?
Your dealer would have to know what they sold you otherwise how would they have known a sales price? Crap shoot?
I didnt buy it from a Toyota dealer...I bought it from a buddy who is the used car sales manager for a BMW dealer.

From what I can see, my new FJ has the 16 inch wheels and all terrain tires and Bilsteins (Silver)...also has the tripod on the dash...I believe this is an Toyota package?

Roof Rack, A-TRAC and RR locking differential, 4X4 automatic. I guess I should go to the dealer ad have them pull it up.

One question...If the Bilsteins that I have are part of a package, what are the "normal" shocks? Are they Bilstein also or a different manufacturer or do I have just the normal shocks?

·
Registered
835 Posts
More than likely you got packaged with the same bunch of stuff 95% of them get.

Roof rack
Rock rails
Bling plate
Back up sensor, cruise, tinted glass, dash cluster, mirror lights, FJammer, ATRAC. Take a few pics and we can confirm this.
I am unaware of any gear options, engine options, etc from the factory Suspension packages from the factory are offered on TT only.

It is just the way the large distributors order them. They are built for maximum profit and totally loaded with stuff you may or may not want.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Get on Toyota's FJ Cruiser website and look at the optional packages and see if you match any of them.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
VIN research and is there a dealer sticker on it? If so contact the dealer who made the original sale. Welcome and hello.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Please note that there are factory options (those installed in Japan) and port options (those added at port or at the dealer). The options installed in Japan will be easier to verify with the VIN number. The mark up on the port options is substantial and many buyers (especially in the first couple years when there was an abundance of FJ's on the lot) ordered the options they desired at a price less than MFG and installed them on their own.

From what I understand, later models almost always came with CQ and UP, or UR, options. If you have the gauge cluster on the dash than you definitely have CQ and either UP or UR. If you have the subwoofer than it is UR (the only difference between UP and UR).

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
You could also try downloading the Toyota app for iphones and iPads.... The app named mLot allows you to put in a vin number and get a list of installed options.

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
If you have a friend at a Toyota dealership they might be able to print off a new Monroney (window sticker) for you. I was able to get one for my Silverado from the Chevy dealer, all they needed was the VIN and they were able to print off a new one.

DEWFPO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts