Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on blind spot mirrors. Are there any made specifically for FJ mirrors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
140 Posts
If you do a search you will see a bunch of comments about different types of mirrors and where to position them.
I thought about adding them for a while but never pulled the trigger. Something that has helped me and I have not see in other comments is to speed up or slow down before merging over, adjusting my speed helps eliminate people camping out in my blind spot.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I don't know if these are availlabe anymore. But they are great mirrors IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
there are tiny stick on mirrors sold at every auto parts store, I don't like them because the radius of curvature is so small (200~400mm) the objects reflected in them are tiny and hard to see without focusing too long on the mirror to make them out, also, because they are "fisheye" they reflect tons of information you don't need (sky, your own car). Useful for parking lot speeds, but little else.

So, I fitted a pair of JPN stock outer mirrors, the part numbers are in these two threads:

of course, your local dealers cannot get them (because they were never sold in this country) but overseas dealers certainly can, I just googled on the part numbers and ordered from who came up

Their curvature is more like 1000mm, so the objects reflected are nearly the same size as you are used to seeing, and my blind spot went from something a minivan could disappear in, to one that only maybe a motorcycle could hide in. Still have to take care, but have way more margin than originally.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i bought the ones that look like a quarter of a pie. they fit perfectly at the outer bottom edge of the mirror. unlike the round ones, you don't get a distorted view of the world around you, just a good view of anyone behind your window in the lanes to your left.

·
A-Team Moderator
10,786 Posts

They've been out of stock for a very long time. Muth's are here,

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
As stated above, position your existing side mirrors properly. That's all you need. No need for ugly blind spot mirrors.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts

Had these ^^^ on mine, the absolute best solution if you can find them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking for recommendations on blind spot mirrors. Are there any made specifically for FJ mirrors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I see a lot of negative comments about stick-ons. I think the curved heated mirrors, or just the after market curved mirror, are probably the way to go, but I only spent about 8 bucks for a couple of cheap stick-ons. There are a lot of varieties to choose from and a lot of ways to place them on the mirrors. I find the rectangular ones take up less room and I've placed them at the bottom of the mirror. They do not lend themselves to re-positioning, so if you decide to give them a try, you might want to experiment with taping them to different parts of the mirrors. Like when I first started driving the FJ, they take a little getting used to, but become second nature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts