Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it but i searched and can't find a post about the bolt pattern on an FJ Cruiser. I've got a few questions:

1. What is the bolt pattern?

2. Is offset important on an FJ?

The reason i'm asking is that i'm shopping for an FJ and will be adding a 3 inch lift. I am curious what bolt pattern it is so i can start looking on craigslist and other sites to find the best price on wheels. Does the bolt pattern match the other toyota or domestic trucks? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
1.) 6x5.5
2.) It's absolutely important for every vehicle. However, you'll find it more often measured with backspacing for 4x4 wheels.

If you plan on 16" wheels... do a lot more research. There is a ton of info. If you simply went to tirerack and look for wheels that fit the FJ... you would have discovered the answer to both of these questions. There is a tire/wheel section on this forum that will make your head explode with info.

I think all of the newer trucks use the same bolt pattern... it's a mix and match for the older toyotas. All of them are either 6x5.5 or 5x? But, not all of the 6 bolt toyota wheels are going to fit because the backspacing is going to be different.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Oh and I did a search on google for FJ bolt pattern and found lots of info. This forum had 3 relevant threads right at the top. I looked because I couldn't remember the metric equivelant which is: 6x139.7mm

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
As stated the bolt pattern is 6 X 5.5.

Offset is approximately 4 3/4" on OEM wheels, and yes backspacing is very important, particularly on the FJ - mainly because of the large brake calipers.

4 3/4" backspacing is the max you want (unless you want to add 'spacers').
I personally switched to steel after market wheels with 4" backspacing to widen the stance just a tad. And with the stock BFG T/A's the fitment is perfect.

If you're changing tire size e.g taller, wider, bigger, then you've got a whole new set of rules to play by with endless recommendations/solutions.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts