Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It seems that my employer has deemed in necessary that I go to Chandler for a few months..................So fellas, i will be bringing my FJ on this trip!!!!
1. Any shops that do good work? ie: front end alignments, oil changes, possible suspension upgrades?

2. Best Burger in town?

3. Best Breakfast in town?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
The Apache Trail isn’t far from you - very scenic and a fun/delicious stop for burger or chili at Tortilla Flat Saloon :smile The AZFJ folks won’t steer you wrong...I’m sure will have lots of great info and trail runs. Hope you have a blast - jealous!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on down to the Sonoita area and we can wheel between Elgin and Sonoita.

It's a 5 mile road trip but takes about 2 or 5 hours on the FS road :)
Once I get settled, etc. - That sounds like a plan

The Apache Trail isn’t far from you - very scenic and a fun/delicious stop for burger or chili at Tortilla Flat Saloon :smile The AZFJ folks won’t steer you wrong...I’m sure will have lots of great info and trail runs. Hope you have a blast - jealous!!
I tried to sign-up on the AZFJ site, but can't seem to find where the new member register/join button is.................
I lived in Casa Grande for 10 months back in 2011, so i did make it up to Globe - Tortilla flats sounds like a nice side trip on a Sat/Sun

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried and tried to post to AZFJ.org and nothing, now that they have closed their non-club club, there is no way to get info for out here.................other than exploring and heaven forbid, trolling the Jeep sights

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
I have tried and tried to post to AZFJ.org and nothing, now that they have closed their non-club club, there is no way to get info for out here.................other than exploring and heaven forbid, trolling the Jeep sights
That’s strange....I was just on there and all seems normal - not closed. Maybe try using a different browser to get on and get registered?

·
Registered
91 Posts
There is an AZFJ facebook page also. It seems more people are using that instead of the site.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So sad...FB killing yet another great forum - was just reading the thread on AZFJ about it.
Well, I'm not on FB so...................
I've already found the Best Burger and Best Breakfast places (in my opinion - Cold Beer and Cheese Burgers and BLD)
Beer selections here are very good and wine also - no shortages of locally owned and operated places - and that's just in Chandler and Gilbert

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wheeling Sedona?
Finally!
But now it's supposed to rain all day Saturday - just adds another level of fun.
Using Hotel points, so that parts covered

Looking to do:
Schnebly Hill
Broken Arrow
Boyton Pass (includes Dry Creek)
Red Rock Loop
and possibly
Solders Pass

And have breakfast @ the Coffee Pot

Locked out again from the AZFJ site so..............

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
And maybe rain will reduce the number of Pink Jeeps on the trail :rofl: Head out EARLY, and start with Broken Arrow so you can play on the Staircase without having to wait in line. Hope you have a great time - it’s stunning!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bruzer- How long you here for? I just moved to Chandler for work. Let me know if you want to get together. (Or any of you other guys for that matter)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 27 Posts