Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This really is my first post. I bought a 2007 a few months ago and this is so far what I have done to it. Besides the door, which are most of the pics, I put on The Pure FJ Rock sliders, Rough Country 3-inch lift and tires. Anyway, enjoy this and I hope it is helpful.

Here are the pics to how I did it:
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Q3R2OmC2a42FvqETXHgRRnSBd90FU6KaBNRaWK0WW1z

Attachments

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,074 Posts
Really cool setup @Chris Plunkett! Looks like you're prepared for anything! Now you just need a sliding rear cargo drawer setup like some build and you'll be good as gold!

·
Desert Moderator
7,110 Posts
Looks great. I really need to mount my fire extinguisher and first aid kit something like that...

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Do you think that backing that 1x tube with large washers might prevent it from tearing through the panel? Not sure how much weight you have on there but, in my opinion, backing plates would do not harm. Nice organization skills on that door!

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Man if I carried a shotgun and machete on my back door here in So. Cal. I`d probly be shot dead if I were ever pulled over :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man if I carried a shotgun and machete on my back door here in So. Cal. I`d probly be shot dead if I were ever pulled over :)
That's why I got one of these.
It will fit between the wheel wells and secure to the factory mounting points.
The states Amazon has are wrong, I contacted Hornady before I bought it and they confirmed it is 42" long.
Opens on an RFID tag, a code or a key.

It will hold two long guns and there would be room for a couple of pistols or a camera or two.

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-Rapid-Safe-Locker-RFID/dp/B06XG4YVH2/ref=sr_1_3?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1504316533&sr=8-3&keywords=Hornady+Rapid+Safe

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's why I got one of these.
It will fit between the wheel wells and secure to the factory mounting points.
The states Amazon has are wrong, I contacted Hornady before I bought it and they confirmed it is 42" long.
Opens on an RFID tag, a code or a key.

It will hold two long guns and there would be room for a couple of pistols or a camera or two.

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-Rapid-Safe-Locker-RFID/dp/B06XG4YVH2/ref=sr_1_3?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1504316533&sr=8-3&keywords=Hornady+Rapid+Safe
Do you have a picture of this installed? I was also looking at this safe.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Nice door setup and your "paks" are better than standard Springtail bags I used and I have AR, rather than shotgun scabbard, Driver's side
"shelf" is similar, holding fire ex , bag and flashlight, I also added the two available racks with bags for backs of 2 rear seats Keep UA Coldgear items; plus a couple pairs of socks, underwear, t shirts and pants, JIC. Springtail bags are kinda small, even with their larger size, so will replace them with larger Molle bags; but do make a decent pillow when second seats are folded down.

Use Assault Systems, over the shoulder bag setup that has three AR mag pouches holding 3 each for total of 9 and just have them looped over top of extinguisher to "grab and go"! Do not keep AR or mag bag in truck as SOP Have 22 COLT AR M4 that has same dimensions and weight as 556 just for display at car shows.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have a picture of this installed? I was also looking at this safe.
Sure do, though I plan on changing it up some and raise it a bit..

So I'm having issues posting the pictures of the locker installed in my FJ so I will post them in a new thread

·
Registered
08 FJ, 3" lift, homemade t-case shift handle
305 Posts
Bit of an old thread but looks good !
Wanting to do something like that myself.
Hows it holding up?
Anything u would different?

Ment for rakhan...oops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts