Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So driving around the other day and seeing other FJs made me think about something. If Truckers have Channel 19 as their universal Channel on their CB, why don't we have an FJ Universal Channel. Perhaps Channel 05 since all the folks in the SoCal Forums already run on Channel 5. In that way, if you randomly see other Forum members and they see you, you can easily strike up a conversation or just say hello. This would help for all of us when we all go out of state too. Just a Thought. Tell me what you think?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Seems like a good idea.

If the idea takes off I will need to revisit some of the posts here regarding CB radio mounting options.

Now, where did I put that copy of Smokey and the Bandit.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
for the folks on socal forums it's ch5. I don't know who or how it was decided but it was.

EDIT
OK I found it, It was suggested by Kokopeli after SoCalOCFJ was asking if we had a designated channel. this happened on May 1'st and everyone seemed to agree with it.
I Spotted You....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Channel 19 is know as the "Universal Trucker or Highway Channel" but on certain interstates they are different. I do believe (it's been a while) that the north-south route of I-5 channel 17 is used. I'll try to dig through my old papers and see if I can come up with my cheat sheet I had.

Ok, found it. Channel 17 is used on N-S routes and 19 is on E-W routes. Back in the day, 17 was used from the Grapevine to Sacramento and 19 was to Reno and Tahoe. 21 was used through out Orange County.

Channel 4 seems to be used by quite a few off-road clubs. NW FJ Cruiser Club (WA-ID-OR) uses it.

http://www.wattora.com/cb4.htm

Hope this helps. You'll also find a lot of companies using channels. The company I work for uses channel 4 on the big road and channel 5 when we hit the yard.

I have a Hi/Lo switch that lets me split the channels so I get 80 channels. It's good when you're with someone and they can do the same. A secret channel eliminates the eaves-droppers.

Happy trails

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for the folks on socal forums it's ch5. I don't know who or how it was decided but it was.

EDIT
OK I found it, It was suggested by Kokopeli after SoCalOCFJ was asking if we had a designated channel. this happened on May 1'st and everyone seemed to agree with it.
I Spotted You....

Perhaps we should all make it Channel 5 instead since the Channel is already happening.:)
also...
I was wondering, maybe there is some where or some way to display our call sign/ Forum name, in that way we can easily communicate. Sorta like the military.
When I was in the Army, it was on the front and back corners of the humvee, but I doubt any of us would want to paint it on our FJs like that.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I was wondering, maybe there is some where or some way to display our call sign/ Forum name, in that way we can easily communicate. Sorta like the military.
When I was in the Army, it was on the front and back corners of the humvee, but I doubt any of us would want to paint it on our FJs like that.
My license plate will soon be sporting my user name.... :)

M

·
Registered
610 Posts
We should prob go for channel 5 since it's already been set in SoCal

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the Link FJand FU. I'm going to look through it now.

Channel 19 is know as the "Universal Trucker or Highway Channel" but on certain interstates they are different. I do believe (it's been a while) that the north-south route of I-5 channel 17 is used. I'll try to dig through my old papers and see if I can come up with my cheat sheet I had.

Ok, found it. Channel 17 is used on N-S routes and 19 is on E-W routes. Back in the day, 17 was used from the Grapevine to Sacramento and 19 was to Reno and Tahoe. 21 was used through out Orange County.

Channel 4 seems to be used by quite a few off-road clubs. NW FJ Cruiser Club (WA-ID-OR) uses it.

http://www.wattora.com/cb4.htm

Hope this helps. You'll also find a lot of companies using channels. The company I work for uses channel 4 on the big road and channel 5 when we hit the yard.

I have a Hi/Lo switch that lets me split the channels so I get 80 channels. It's good when you're with someone and they can do the same. A secret channel eliminates the eaves-droppers.

Happy trails

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We should prob go for channel 5 since it's already been set in SoCal

You are right! I hope that this Thread keeps going to let every FJ Owner Know that 5 would be the Channel. We are a good group of people in which we all seem to help each other out. So why not say hello every time you pass each other by on the road... Pavement or not.:cheers:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

M
That would be a good Idea since License plates go on front and back. The only thing is that some people have longer names.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts

M
That's totally sweet! I am about to get my c/b over there on table installed. My handle is going to ne "9-Ball" and you can reach me on channel #5.
That "Trail Team" blanket you sent me came in handy this weekend while camping. Thank you : )

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.