Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just added cruise control to my base FJ thanks to this tutorial.... pretty sweet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
QUOTE=Madi93;2440074]2012 base model doesn't have the cruise signal in dash?!!![/QUOTE]

Nope, no rear wiper, A-TRAC button or mirror lights either on my 2008. Not sure about the 2012. :soapbox:

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE=Madi93;2440074]2012 base model doesn't have the cruise signal in dash?!!!
Nope, no rear wiper, A-TRAC button or mirror lights either on my 2008. Not sure about the 2012. :soapbox:[/QUOTE]

but bjorno tagged a pic on post #13 his 2008 had a cruise signal in dash???

can install the cruise in 2012base model MT?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
It's the "Convenience Package" that includes cruise, rear wiper, and a couple of other things.

I know people have converted older FJs to have cruise by installing the new handle on your steering column, and the mechanism in the engine bay.

Cruise in an MT is awesome. It works much better than the AT because the MT isn't hunting for gears and downshifting close to redline when climbing steep inclines.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
On the older FJ's all you needed was the arm on the steering column and the harness and it was plug and play.

I recall reading somewhere that on the newer FJ's it is a little more involved.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's the "Convenience Package" that includes cruise, rear wiper, and a couple of other things.

I know people have converted older FJs to have cruise by installing the new handle on your steering column, and the mechanism in the engine bay.

Cruise in an MT is awesome. It works much better than the AT because the MT isn't hunting for gears and downshifting close to redline when climbing steep inclines.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No mechanism in the engine bay... just the stalk on the steering column and a pigtail wiring harness to hook it up. Parts at Toyota cost $180+/-.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spent way too much time reading all these threads on the CC aftermarket instal for my 2008. Finally got the parts and just did it. Took me 20 minutes, (10 minutes of that was the wife distracting me and asking what I was doing).
Thanks to everyone that figured this one out.
Next up, adding A-Trac switch, replacing the cig lighter with a dual USB, then trailer hitch.
Eventually would like to mount some LED light bars to my Warrior Products rack, and lots of other random accessory/upgrades. Anyone with suggestions on useful mods/accessories/upgrades feel free to suggest. I'd like to hear what folks find useful. I've already combed some of the other threads on cheap/easy mods...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iam from Saudi Arabia i have fj manual gear and i try to fix Cruise Control but not work but there is some one fix it with high price i see all conversions its right the is trak win youpress clutch the Cruise Control will stop i hard that if you fix it in manual gear it will give you sign check engine did eny one now how fix Cruise Control For fj manual gear because i now hot to fix it to the outo gear it the same but there is wire missing you should fix it to the clutch i think that but i dont now how please tell me if you now

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old thread, but I'm trying to install Cruise and have some questions. I purchased the cruise control stalk from eBay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/84632-34011-Cruise-Control-Stalk-Switch-Harness-Kits-For-Toyota-Camry-Lexus-CA/223543446588?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Listed as part # 84632-34011.

I get the airbag/steering wheel center out and it looks like thumbnail #2 above - spade connector wire (1 black wire) goes to the 12 pin wiring connector (E17). The cruise control stalk only came with a harness with 3 connectors on one end (only two of which are populated) and 2 connectors on the other.

What I don't have is the wiring harness shown (to replace the original 1-wire harness-to-spade connector for horn).

What I'm finding for part 84633-34011 is this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cruise-Control-Switch-84632-34017-84632-34011-For-Toyota-Camry-Lexus-Corolla/223572924979?hash=item340dfc1a33:g:L5UAAOSwlgJdGxQ0&vxp=mtr

It's exactly what I have, plus 2 wires - one with a ring terminal on the end, and the other 3 ends with pins for a wiring connector.

This item (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/84633-42030-Toyota-Wire-cruise-control-switch-8463342030-New-Genuine-OEM-Part/332610622023?fits=Make:Toyota&hash=item4d71235247:g:aCsAAOSwEWZdA3CQ&vxp=mtr), based solely on the drawing looks more like what I need, but can't confirm - and is from UAE - maybe different wiring for their models? What I need is a harness that has the 12 pin harness on one end that splits into a single wire with a spade connector, and separately into 2 wires that terminal in a 3 pin connector. If I knew which pins to connect to, I could just remove the 2-pin connector from the end of the harness I have and plug into (hopefully) the existing (8 or 10 pin) harness that currently only has the horn wire in it.

For reference, I have a base model 2007 AT 4x4. I put my own/ebay backup camera and backup sensors in, and just received the Mirror control switch and power mirrors (but haven't installed them yet), since my FJ, being a base model, didn't come with any of these features.

Any help on what harness I need to get, or what pins on the connector where the single horn wire goes that I need to connect the two wires from the Cruise control stalk to?

From here: https://www.purefjcruiser.com/docs/FJ-Electrical-diagrams.pdf it appears that the ground from the cruise control stalk wire goes to pin 4 of E17 and the signal wire goes to pin 5 of E17. I really don't want to plug into the wrong spot - having the proper harness would be the best, but if I can't find it, I can try putting the wires into the connector on the right pins.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A little more - Rostra instructions show plugging the 2 wires from Cruise control module into pins 4 and 5 of the E17 harness:
https://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1732_Form5164A.pdf (see page 4).

The problem is that they're showing pins 4 and 5 as counting (as far as I can tell) from 1 going left to right, starting with the bottom row of pins. J on Page 5 of this: https://www.purefjcruiser.com/docs/FJ-Electrical-diagrams.pdf shows a different method (and more like what I'm used to) of numbering the pins. I really don't want to plug the wires into the wrong spot and fry something, but want to get this to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Success! I de-pinned the 2 wires (black and red) from the connector (the 2-pin end - the 3 pin end goes to the cruise switch) that came with the cruise switch and put them into the same positions as in the Rostra instructions and now the cruise works! So, you don't need to get a separate, special harness. I am surprised that Toyota didn't just have a connector for the Cruise, one for the horn, one for the steering wheel audio controls and one for the steering wheel bluetooth buttons. As it is, they'd need at least 4 different harnesses with pigtails on them to the different controls. Why not just have 4 connector plugs? I am happy that all the stuff other than the Cruise control switch, and a bit of wiring fiddling was all that was needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "rgmr250، post: 9248510، member: 433190"]
نجاح! أزلت تثبيت السلكين (الأسود والأحمر) من الموصل (الطرف ذو 2 سن - الطرف 3 ينتقل إلى مفتاح تثبيت السرعة) الذي يأتي مع مفتاح التثبيت ويضعهم في نفس المواضع كما في تعليمات Rostra والآن تعمل الرحلة! لذلك ، لا تحتاج إلى الحصول على حزام خاص منفصل. أنا مندهش من أن تويوتا لم يكن لديها فقط موصل للسفينة ، وواحد للقرن ، وواحد لعناصر التحكم في صوت عجلة القيادة والآخر لأزرار بلوتوث لعجلة القيادة. كما هو ، سيحتاجون على الأقل 4 أحزمة مختلفة مع أسلاك التوصيل إلى عناصر التحكم المختلفة. لماذا لا يكون لديك فقط 4 مقابس موصل؟ أنا سعيد لأن كل الأشياء بخلاف مفتاح التحكم في السرعة ، وقليلاً من تلاعب الأسلاك كان كل ما هو مطلوب.
[/اقتبس]
FJ Cruiser Cruise Cable إرفاق الصور

21 - 34 of 34 Posts