Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm going to trade the FJ on the No. 11 pick------Suzuki Grand Vitara.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I wonder if sites like MSN put out these stories to generate page hits, or something.

Sure worked this time. What a joke that list is....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Out of that list only 3 (4runner, Wrangler, Range Rover) are what I would call off road warriors outta the box. I could give them a real list.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just got done reading through that article as well & was going to post the same. Seriously MSN, get real. 6k plus pound vehicles like the armada, expedition, tahoe, & Seqouia are relatively helpless doing anything serious. The range rover made me think of
video, such a "REAL offroader" I lost a lot of respect for MSN & the quality of their articles after that.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I just got done reading through that article as well & was going to post the same. Seriously MSN, get real. 6k plus pound vehicles like the armada, expedition, tahoe, & Seqouia are relatively helpless doing anything serious. The range rover made me think of
My Land Cruiser weighs ~6K lbs and will out wheel most FJs.

Don't be hating on fattys :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
My sequoia weighed 6000 lbs and couldn't touch my FJ. Land cruisers are designed around off camber situations, at least they use to be.

This article was Yuppie based boat hauling, power vs gearing, no reference to after market capabilities , tires, ground clearance, just some stupid 10 minute article from reading the standard BS from the manufacturers. Show me pictures of all these vehicles on the trail doing what they claim and I will investigate for myself before I buy, Until then realize most real 4x4's are smarter than Journalists driving BMW's and sleeping with wives named Tiffany that work behind the perfume counter. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Those are like.. fighting words Layton :rofl:
Front and rear lockers,
solid front axle,
full floating axles front and rear,
can run 35s with no lift.

Just a few points ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Every thing needs to be turned into what you want. The land cruiser might be able to fit 35" tires but do they sell them with them installed?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Every thing needs to be turned into what you want. The land cruiser might be able to fit 35" tires but do they sell them with them installed?
Negative, but if we want to compare absolutely stock to absolutely stock, the 80 series Land Cruiser will out wheel an FJ in all but high speed. I am not bias, i own both. :lol:

The SFA will out articulate the FJs IFS. The front locker is far more beneficial than A-TRAC in everything i have wheeled both through.

As to fitting 35s without a lift, I was simply pointing out that it can, when the FJ can't.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Obviously written by someone who thinks off-roading is taking the gravel driveway from the main house out to the guest house--in a flat desert community.

My company ride is a Tahoe. I wouldn't take that half the places the FJ will go.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sorry, but IMO they are all grocery getter's, or kiddie haulers. That list should be a bit different. They did get a few right though, the Land Rover, 4Runner & Jeep were good picks & should have had an FJ in there, but consider the source...:lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts