Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 've been lurking here for a while,cos i'm interested in buying an FJ Cruiser.I guess we wont find out about the interior untill closer to release.I did just find out that Toyota is going to allow lift kit manufactures to view and measure the Fj next week,so when it come out in production,you will be able to modify it right away.:)My friend owns a lift kit company,so i'll ask him to share with us any thing that he sees there next week. ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That absolutely rocks. I can't wait. I'm thinkin' a 3" is about as high as I would personally want to go, but the fact that Toyota is letting them get started before the release of this little beastie is awesome. Pretty reassuring that they are going to release something intended for some serious off-road use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well,forget waht i said about not knowing about the interior,thanks to the other threads,linked to the new press pics.I like it,and had hoped for a flat style dash,which is what i see.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If Toyota is giving the lift kit companies access to the FJ, all the other aftermarket companies will soon be allowed to measure for their products too.

This also explains the SEMA connection (SEMA is the largest gathering of aftermarket manufacturers).

As a current Wrangler owner (my trade in), I know that one of the perks is the huge amount of aftermarket products available to upgrade/personalize the vehicle.

If Toyota wants to gain some Wrangler marketshare, they will want to get the aftermaket guys to create similar products for the FJ. With the aftermarket head start, we can get our rigs outfitted sooner and hit the tough trails right away

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the luggage rack we see in the pictures is the one we are going to get from the factory, we need a bar across the front of it. This will allow a canoe or lumber type stuff to be put up there. I hope Toyota or the aftermarket boys are reading these posts.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Wow, the roof rack really is getting a lot of attention here....

My prepared statement is - who cares? Personally, I probably will have something custom fabricated to fit my needs anyway. Stock isn't much of an issue - the roof rack systems on most stock vehicles leave a lot to be desired. Make friends with a welder and draw up your own creation - it'll make your FJ more individually appeasing anyway to know that you created your own and that there isn't another like it on the planet. Obviously, an auto manufacturer isn't going to meet EVERYONE'S individual needs from the factory. That's where aftermarket manufacturers have carved their niche. All we can really do is wait and see.

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts