Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So guys I will start by telling my whole story so that you can be updated with me and help me figure out what is the problem, First of all my car is Fj 2015 with 127,xxx Km , my whole problem started when i went to the desert and drove recklessly when done with that the car began to vibrate and unordinaly things happend like the vibration from hell and the significant power loss, The things that I did were; Cleaned the maf sensor , throttle body, throttle sensor, the black box on top of the head, and even changed the throttle 3 times , cleaned the maf sensor again , changed the whole air intake filter system nothing worked. Afterwards went to change the manifold with the y-pipe and etc and guess what the vibration became a little decent turned out my cataliyc converters where broken abd blocked the path, but still the vibration didn’t go and on top of that I have a vibration at idle and when moving specifically begin from within the range of 40-65 when it reaches 65 the vibration is very noticable and when you go over that specific speed the vibration goes. i have an automatic transmission and with some research and opinion of other friends they told me its that torque converter with reading about the converter and really feeling it was the problem because it talked about the vibration within the same range as mine so I thought yeah finally that should be it so changed the converter with 2 switches within the gear ones for the pressure and valve body with gear filter, oil pump , oil and new gasket with seal. Guess what the problem still exists, inspected more and now I have been narrowing it down had a bad shaft mount which is called the cross changed the back and front even so still , have a vibration while idle , while driving at certin speed and power loss , spark plugs have been changed at 100k and injectors cleand at 80K , nothing shows with the computer and have no check engine light. Now I’m thinking of cleaning the injectors again and changing the maf also with checking the plugs again but don’t what to change something that is not necessary because I’ve already paid alot. Talked to an expert mechanic and told me to check the fuel pump. Now I need your help guys has anyone been through this or have any idea what the hell is the problem.
So guys I will start by telling my whole story so that you can be updated with me and help me figure out what is the problem, First of all my car is Fj 2015 with 127,xxx Km , my whole problem started when i went to the desert and drove recklessly when done with that the car began to vibrate and unordinaly things happend like the vibration from hell and the significant power loss, The things that I did were; Cleaned the maf sensor , throttle body, throttle sensor, the black box on top of the head, and even changed the throttle 3 times , cleaned the maf sensor again , changed the whole air intake filter system nothing worked. Afterwards went to change the manifold with the y-pipe and etc and guess what the vibration became a little decent turned out my cataliyc converters where broken abd blocked the path, but still the vibration didn’t go and on top of that I have a vibration at idle and when moving specifically begin from within the range of 40-65 when it reaches 65 the vibration is very noticable and when you go over that specific speed the vibration goes. i have an automatic transmission and with some research and opinion of other friends they told me its that torque converter with reading about the converter and really feeling it was the problem because it talked about the vibration within the same range as mine so I thought yeah finally that should be it so changed the converter with 2 switches within the gear ones for the pressure and valve body with gear filter, oil pump , oil and new gasket with seal. Guess what the problem still exists, inspected more and now I have been narrowing it down had a bad shaft mount which is called the cross changed the back and front even so still , have a vibration while idle , while driving at certin speed and power loss , spark plugs have been changed at 100k and injectors cleand at 80K , nothing shows with the computer and have no check engine light. Now I’m thinking of cleaning the injectors again and changing the maf also with checking the plugs again but don’t what to change something that is not necessary because I’ve already paid alot. Talked to an expert mechanic and told me to check the fuel pump. Now I need your help guys has anyone been through this or have any idea what the hell is the problem.
-Update- Changed engine mount, trans mount , cleaned injectors, changed spark plugs, engine oil and filter, new maf sensor, changed fuel pump and fuel filter. Vibration at idle completely gone, no change in overdrive vibration at 65kmh, little improvement at acceleration, reduced hesitation but not 100% , cleaned throttle body sensor improvement was noticed. Thinking it’s the throttle? Will clean it by tmrw but any advice till now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
-Update- Changed engine mount, trans mount , cleaned injectors, changed spark plugs, engine oil and filter, new maf sensor, changed fuel pump and fuel filter. Vibration at idle completely gone, no change in overdrive vibration at 65kmh, little improvement at acceleration, reduced hesitation but not 100% , cleaned throttle body sensor improvement was noticed. Thinking it’s the throttle? Will clean it by tmrw but any advice till now?
Forgot to mention spark plugs where changed 20k before , when checking them 2 where burned from the driver side 1st and 2nd cylinder.. engine oil was used for nearly 9k. When changed it was dark colored like it was used more than it should be..

·
Registered
690 Posts
When do you think it will be time to see how many other cylinders are dead or dying. That money you just spent may be needed for something bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When do you think it will be time to see how many other cylinders are dead or dying. That money you just spent may be needed for something bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m trying to narrow things as much as possible nothing have been spent without consideration.. That’s why I’m asking for help why would I go with opening the engine if I’m not looking at the basic things..

·
Registered
690 Posts
What were the #'s? How does the plugs color match the compression #'s. I find it hard to believe from reading your post that your compression #'s are not all over the place.what the hell why I at, the reason your mechanic gave for the reason the cat's are faulty is a little or maybe more suspect. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts