1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,849 Posts
I wave if I feel like they will wave back. Sometimes they don't wave back but sometimes they will stare as I drive by, so that counts for something! Haha I feel bad the times they wave and I dont in time for them to see me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Nice find BG.

I wave if I know them. Or sometimes I uncurl my hand from the steering wheel in a subtle wave if I don't know them. (to test the waters) But of course I give them all the gratuitous "broken neck" when looking at them as they drive by. :D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
We have the 'farmer wave' (so dubbed by my gf, because the farmers in the area all wave this way) that's 2-3 fingers off the wheel. That's what I do when I see another FJ, and very rarely get waves back.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,750 Posts
I ALWAYS wave- vigorously with left hand all the way forward, almost touching the glass, and big grin, and very often get a wave back. I think visability is an issue if you don't lean forward to wave - gotta get some light on your hand...not much slope on our windshields. I first noticed this when another FJ waved at me with the above-mentioned farmers wave - barely saw it in the dark recesses of hs cabin...and no time to wave back which upset me greatly... It really makes my day to have a mutual FJ wave! :clap::wave:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
awesome, if we all do the ILY sign, to other FJs, we'll all really mean it!

I wave (sometimes vigorously), but rarely even get an indication the other driver ever realized another FJ had gone by (sad, really).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great policy! Although FJ owners almost never wave back...
Something to learn from the Jeepers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Great policy! Although FJ owners almost never wave back...
Something to learn from the Jeepers :)

Its kinda sad, there so few FJ's in our town that I end up waving at Jeeps with any kind of off-road mods and yes they smile and wave back.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
We should make these mandatory https://cruisergearshop.com/products/fj-wave-sticker :grin I've had one since I bought my truck and I still struggle to get responses sometimes... It's always funny popping someone's FJ wave cherry because they are so awkward about it :rofl:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I've noticed that (at least around DFW) unless it's a modded FJ, I never get a wave back. I've given up on waving at stock FJ's unless I catch them staring longingly at mine, then I try to be nice and wave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its kinda sad, there so few FJ's in our town that I end up waving at Jeeps with any kind of off-road mods and yes they smile and wave back.

True...
So I gave up waving on stock FJs too...

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Hey BG,

This system seems to work better outside the county I live in, just need to figure out how something like this could be modified to a functional level in the town/city of snootyville, where I'm located. GD

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wave, comes from years of riding my cruiser, looks enough like a real bike "Harley", almost all wave back.
Not having same luck in my FJ. I will park near them if I see them, sitting with no other FJ's around. Have come back to notes about nice FJ when I got back. No mods on my 2014 trail teams. But no mods on FJ's in my area of country. Good old mud land of Iowa. I do not count deer guards as cool modifications. I did park near a utte like mine once. We had a very good conversation when she came out of convenience store. Her passengers did not care about how cool her rig was. I would have made them walk.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts