Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dallas and Fort Worth are buried in ice right now. I live south in Cedar Hill. Lots of very steep hills with an inch of ice on them. No one can get in or out except the Fj. No police, no wreckers, no sand trucks. My Fj walks up these hills easily and they are solid ice. It even tows cars up it(about 30 degree grade). Even one moron driver who left his emergency brake on for half the quarter mile hill. Did I mention Fj Cruisers just plain rock!! Yokohama mud tires don't hurt. Thank God I have this Fj.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ice is ice

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Very nice. But as alabama said, definitely have to be careful of the other drivers, not that there are probably that many. Lets see some pics.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Tep, another satisifed customer. I carry a tow strap in the winter just in case I come across someone stuck. I like to play Good Samaritan, & sometimes the people toss me a few bucks for helping out. One year we were slammed with a huge snow storm & on the local news they were requesting anyone with a 4 wheel drive come to the Police station to assist Doctors & Nurse's get to the Hospital's. I picked up a Policeman & we spent the day driving them in from their houses. Pretty cool day. As stated above, ice is ice. It don't matter if you have 8 wheel drive, you can't stop on ice. And, you always gotta watch out for the inexperenced person that just got their first 4 wheel drive & think they can do anything. These are the most dangerous.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Yeah the problem with having an FJ is that you don't have a lot of reasons to get a snow day! With the recent storm here in Atlanta I was just about the only guy at work. Next time we have a big storm I can't just say "oh I don't want to get out in this weather!" :lol:

I loved it though. Made it to work in no time since no one was out. And when people started getting out after a few days but there was still snow and ice on the road I could go in the part of the road that still had snow on it while everyone else was in line in the one clear lane. Not an HOV lane, an ORV lane :rocker:

But yeah, nothing you can do about the other drivers or ice

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
How stupid can you be ( not Op but people in videos )...OMG icy hill, i'm gonna go and drive on it in my summer tires .......

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
How stupid can you be ( not Op but people in videos )...OMG icy hill, i'm gonna go and drive on it in my summer tires .......
Yeah, but those videos are so damn entertaining! So I say, "Get out there, dumbasses!"

Just stay away from me

·
Registered
122 Posts
screw this, i'm getting an FJ as soon as I can afford one..

I am the only guy in my hub today.. and I bloody walked to work..

·
Registered
252 Posts
The FJ is incredible in snow and the only thing that even slightly worries me when out in bad weather is the other drivers. I cannot believe the stupid stuff I've seen people do this winter. Driving down the middle of streets even when there is traffic going the other direction, people sailing along like it is the middle of summer, etc is all enough to make you constantly be looking ahead, behind and to both sides!

·
Registered
322 Posts
After watching those videos along with many other youtube ice involved videos... why the hell do people bail out of the car when it starts sliding? Idiots.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Simple...Be Prepared and Shelter In Place

·
Registered
5 Posts
FJ is great in the snow. Me and two other people made through the snowpocalypse to work. To bad nobody informed us we were gonna be closed. So I just stayed and had fun in our parking lot.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
With the snow storm And everyone seeing Fjs running the roads, i forsee a huge demand for FJ's.. If you wanta sale nows your time!:lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been very curious about these tires. So, they do well in snow?

And as others have stated - watch out for the other drivers! Especially those in big trucks who think thier 4x4 is invincible. :lol:
Well I couldn't tell you about snow this is just solid ice everywhere. And just when I think the fj won't climb the next hill it always does. yes and I am steering way clear of all the other drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Tep, another satisifed customer. I carry a tow strap in the winter just in case I come across someone stuck. I like to play Good Samaritan, & sometimes the people toss me a few bucks for helping out. One year we were slammed with a huge snow storm & on the local news they were requesting anyone with a 4 wheel drive come to the Police station to assist Doctors & Nurse's get to the Hospital's. I picked up a Policeman & we spent the day driving them in from their houses. Pretty cool day. As stated above, ice is ice. It don't matter if you have 8 wheel drive, you can't stop on ice. And, you always gotta watch out for the inexperenced person that just got their first 4 wheel drive & think they can do anything. These are the most dangerous.
My wife is a doctor and when she was a resident I had a 4runner and picked up and dropped off lots of residents/docs during a 12" snow storm. They all loved me I took orders for food when I got off work every night. Back in those days residents worked about 110 to 120+ hours a week. The law now is no more than 80 hours per week so newer docs aren't quite as educated or experienced.
________
01SmilyBlonde

·
Registered
180 Posts
mine has been great these last 2 weeks. 50 mph winds and 18 inches of snow in the last 24 hours and it didn't slide at all. very impressed. in 50 miles driving on the highway last night in my semi i counted 4 jeeps in the ditch. guess i don't understand that so called "thing"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts