Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FJ Cruiser in Japan Different? with More Options?

I randomly found some OEM FJ parts from Japan that we didn't sell in the state on ebay so I decided to investigate. Went on the Toyota Japanese Site and saw the FJ was a little different and with weird options. (obviously to cater to the life style there) Take a look!

toyota/fjcruiser/co.jp

no radio, everything backwards (JDM) lol

rear bumpers different

cool mirror in the front and side markers

some OEM options

Also you get to customize your FJ straight from the dealership!

create your own FJ here!
myfjjapan.co.jp

TOKYO —Toyota Motor Corp said Thursday it will release its FJ Cruiser sport utility vehicle in Japan on Dec 4, a model that met strong demand overseas since its debut in the North American market in 2006. Powered by a 4.0-liter V6 gasoline engine, the FJ Cruiser gets 8.4 kilometers to a liter of gasoline, according to Toyota. Analysts say the SUV is the retro version of the original Land Cruiser that was a past global hit.

Toyota will sell the new SUV at suggested retail prices ranging from 3.14 million to 3.32 million yen and will offer a ‘‘MY FJ’’ vehicle customization program that will allow customers to combine various accessories and parts to create their own original Cruiser.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Just met up with the Japan owners club for a meet this weekend and none of them has right hand drive.
they did have some awesome mods though The best one was a lightweight but extremely rigid PLASTIC rear door rack with a storage box that looked like a gas can. Too cool.

and these cool ass light mounts.

and a vid

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Some of that is neat, don't like the weird sideview on the fender. Mike (Fj FunJunkie) recently moved to Japan, he had to do a number of mods and "unmods" to his rig. Side markers on the bottom of his sideviews, his headlights have some weird extra lights in them, your tire has to mount on the stock location (or something like that) so he had to take off his rear swing out, have to have a shifting "layout" label on or near your gear shifter, ummm... thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Speak of the devil.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Some of that is neat, don't like the weird sideview on the fender. Mike (Fj FunJunkie) recently moved to Japan, he had to do a number of mods and "unmods" to his rig. Side markers on the bottom of his sideviews, his headlights have some weird extra lights in them, your tire has to mount on the stock location (or something like that) so he had to take off his rear swing out, have to have a shifting "layout" label on or near your gear shifter, ummm... thats all I can remember off the top of my head.
yep! she's all back to normal cept for the side turn signals ant the running light bulbs they drilled into my headlight housing. I actually like the front n side view mirror, it's like a self spotting device. Still looking for one for a left hand drive.:rocker:

·
Registered
470 Posts
this is my favorite

If i decide to keep the front bumper, i wouldn't mind importing those front wings with built in fogs. They do seem like they stick out futher though, may just be the angle.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If i decide to keep the front bumper, i wouldn't mind importing those front wings with built in fogs. They do seem like they stick out futher though, may just be the angle.
someone should contact them and get them to start an imported group buy on those wings.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
hey FJ FunJunkie could you help a brother out and maybe you could see how much it would be for that weird mirror and side markers would cost at the toyota over there? interested in picking it up.

·
fka rsidey
926 Posts
I knew they were keeping the all weather mats for themselves.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I do like the driving lights in the front wings---

That fender-drivers side mirror is a "Japan thing". Almost all the cabs in Tokyo have them as well as many passenger cars (and the cabs are CLEAN, the doors open automatically & all cabbies wear white gloves)!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The bumper wings are very "street" looking. It's probably going to fall off as soon as you hit some bushes or tap it on a rock.

The forward mirror looks easy enough to DIY.

Mike, you mentioned spare need to be in stock location, but you showed a picture of the guy with plastic rear carrier. How did he/she get away with that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Haha! I have seen those mirrors on Rx-7's and they look cool, but not too fond of it on the FJC. I like how the FJ cover has a spot for the front mirror.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts