Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Specs I got from a friend from a Dealership. I haven't seen all of this info put out before, maybe I just missed the post. Sorry if its a repeat. How true they are, we have to wait and see. Base price is supposed to be in the mid twenties, while loaded will be in the $32K -$34K range. Remember, I'm only the messenger. Sorry for any typos. EJR

FJ STANDARD SPECS
17" STEEL WHEELS
AUTO-LSD VSC ON 4X2
VSC 0N 4X4
ALUMINUM OUTSIDE MIRRORS
AM/FM/CD 6 SPEAKER AUDIO
DRIVER & PASSENGER AIRBAGS
UV REAR GLASS
FJ OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
CQ PKG INCLUDES:
-lamps on outside mirrors
-daytime running lights
-back sonar
-rear privacy glass

DL: REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS

GY: CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS

RB: RUNNING BOARDS

UP: UPGRADE PKG #1 INCLUDES:
- requires CQ
- AL: 17" alloys
- active traction VSC
- DL: differential locks
- am/fm/cd 8 speaker
UR UPGRADE PKG#2 INCLUDES:
-UP and adds a rear wall mounted subwoofer

FJ CRUISER INITIAL BUILD MIX
4x2, V6, Auto Trans 15%

4x4, V6, Manual Trans 5%

4x4, V6, Auto Trans 80%

FJ CRUISER COLOR MIX Launch 3rd Month

Titanium Metallic 35% 40%

Black Cherry Pearl 10% 5%

Sun Fusion 10% 10%

Voodoo Blue 20% 20%

Black Diamond 25% 25%

·
Registered
60 Posts
How legit is this info? I hope a loaded FJ isn't 32K-34K....way too much. Is your buddy a salesman or manager?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Salesman, but he was given a briefing today and passed the info on to me. The price was a verbal, but the specs were written.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SPecs were written in his notes?...you should make this thread FJ News not general discussion! I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
no sunroof, power win and lock?, accessories?, tire options? oh yeah and what's "Color mix launch 3rd month"...percentages of colors made 3rd month?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were supposed to be separate columns.....first column is the % of each color made to start,....(launch), i.e. Titanium metallic 35% of FJ's Made will be that color and 3rd month will be 40% of those made. Make sense?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this explain it any better? ....and no word on sunroofs, tires, etc. Doesn't mean they aren't happening, just didn't hear.

Initial color % breakdown

Titanium Metallic 35%
Black Cherry Pearl 10%
Sun Fusion 10%
Voodoo Blue 20%
Black Diamond 25%

3rd Month color % breakdown
Titanium Metallic 40%
Black Cherry Pearl 5%
Sun Fusion 10%
Voodoo Blue 20%
Black Diamond 25%

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you on the pricing, i'm kinda disappointed. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Amen......other wise it's Xterra time for around 25K

·
Registered
83 Posts
What's this...?

<4x4, V6, Manual Trans 5%>

I hope they make more than that. That's going to turn out to be the longest wait for those.

Pricing is looking disappointing if we are to believe those figures. The Xterra starts at under $20k (albeit without alot of equipment) but a nice 4x4 can be had for $23k-$25k if you're careful with options. I was pleased overall with my extensive drive in the Nissan but would definitely jump on the FJC comparably equipped for even a couple grand more. Once we start pushing $30k though, I'm afraid I'm out of the picture :(

Jason

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well We"ll See Tomorrow! It"s Like Christmas>>>>>i'm Going To Bed Early So The Morning Comes Faster.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ditto!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I work at a dealership and have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the FJ for some time now. (I put my name on the "list" for the first one the day they announced they were going into production.) Every opportunity I have had with Toyota big-wigs I have asked about pricing and NEVER have they mentioned anything higher than $28k. That has been given to me time after time as the TOP of the price range. This is going to be hot merchandise so I am thinking that the $32k range your friend was quoted was what the dealership expects to ask for them at first...not what MSRP will be. With the Prius it is not uncommon to have dealers charge over sticker. I believe that dealers will recognize on the FJ however that, in contrast to the Prius, there are vehicles out there that will complete. (Xterra) Charging large addendums will push people away so I don't think that $32k will hold on long. I could be wrong, it's happened, but I really think MSRP will be under $30k LOADED.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Blessed is Toyotaman! Thanks for keeping hopes alive. And hopefully we'll get your info reinforced later today. I'm not going to pay over MSRP even if it's less than what I was thinking of paying for the vehicle. I have two Toyotas right now which don't break so I'll just keep driving my '93 truck until the frenzy dies down.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toyotaman,
I hope my info is wrong, but my buddy said he was told those numbers. He didn't say he saw those numbers in writing, but thats what he heard. Since you are at the dealership, you would be "in the know", are these accessories codes the right codes the dealer would use? Shed some light? I'd love to be wrong!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah the option codes look right. and like I said your friend could be very right, that may be what the are selling for but I hold firm that I believe MSRP will be lower. I guarantee you most dealers will charge a premium at first. (mine won't and there will be several who will be with us everybody will just need to ask around)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts